Why do I come back here?

Old 06-10-2004, 11:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Why do I come back here?

The reading of posts that remind me of who I was… why do I come back?
The emotions that stir when I come here…why do I come back?
The pain in my heart when I read some posts…why do I come back?
The tears of sadness as I read some posts… why do I come back?
The tears of joy as I read some posts… why do I come back?

I can only think of two reasons why I come back.

1 There was a time when I had no emotions within me. A time of feeling empty.
The loneliness of emptiness. The void of any emotion. To come back and be filled with whatever emotion comes from each post, be it a joy or a sorrow fills me with knowledge I am still alive and a gratitude for the Lord restoring the love and emotions within my heart.

2 I think this is the main reason of why I come back. The people who show up here. Those who share what is inside. Those who pour out their love to others in support as they share their lives with us all. A feeling that you all are my teachers, my family, and friends. I truly am grateful for each and every one of you. Each post I read touches my life in some way. What a wonderful group and those who keep this place in order truly need be thanked for gathering such a group.

Thank you to you all and I hope to always be able to come back. God and my PC willing.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face why do I come back here?

I found this place when I was 2 months clean and it was like findin a little piece of heaven.I couldnt believe it when I posted people actually responded!I have seen some stuff here,and I have made some very good friends here..when I couldnt get someone on the phone I posted here and recieved just what I needed at the time..I have learned from people here what to do and what not to do.When my friend died and my sister overdosed I recieved love and support from all over these boards.I have learned something everyday from each and everyone of you who have been so willing to share yourselves with me.I have spent hours here and miracle of miracles it kept me from thinking of using! It still does!When we had the big crash I thought I was going thru SR withdrawel !It is part of my morning routine to come here and see how everyone is doing..special mention here to Chy,Dot,Tryin Again,Dan,Tom,True Blue,Bluesman they were all here when I first came and I got mad love for them as well as all the others I have met along the way!I come back here because SR is a part of my recovery and my heart.I have laughed till I have cried over the humor around here..I am grateful..also I am addicted to smiley! trish
Old 06-11-2004, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by miraclen2003
and I got mad love for them
That's one of the reasons that bring me back. I am still astonished by the nature of the relationships I enjoy here.
All I can add to what best and Trish have said is this. I spent thirty years stuffing down my emotions and feelings. I got lots of stuff to share now... And this is one of the outlets I use. I fill my spirit with your spirit when I come here
Old 06-11-2004, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

I forgot my (((mooty)))
Old 06-11-2004, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Best,
That was beautiful, absoulutely beautiful.
Thanks, I'm glad you're here.
Gabe
Old 06-11-2004, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've only been posting here for a little over a month, but it already feels like home to me. A safe haven where I can show myself as I am without fear of judgement. I've found a special kind of love and support here. I am so glad God helped me find my way here. On days like today, when I am home alone, no kids, no husband, just me, SR helps to ease the lonliness of the day. At night, when everyone is home and my house is loud and full of lunatics, it's a nice distraction. Good, bad, and indifferent, I can always find something here that fits the way I feel.

Thanks to all who help make this possible.

Love ya

Laurie D
Old 06-11-2004, 07:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

It's my cyber family. I love the wide variety of people who come together. It's stimulating and entertaining, comforting and sometimes painful. It is a connection to a positive flow of energy. It keeps me on the path and headed in a direction that I want to go. Hugs, Magic
Old 06-11-2004, 09:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i think as ive been reading posts, ive been able to seperate my "intense" emotions from the posts. if i let myself get overwhelmed by the sadness/anger it would not be healthy. when i first came here, i reacted in anger a lot in f2f life (work, fam, friends). ive learned a lot about seperating my emotions from my responses, because i overreact a lot! i come here to see where i dont want to be with the knowledge that all i can do is share my experience ... i can barely carry myself. and i love SR!
Old 06-11-2004, 11:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
getting stronger

I never post. But I am here every single day. You guys dont know me but you 've helped me so much. From the bottom of my heart thank you. ROCK ON
Old 06-11-2004, 11:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by rock
I never post. But I am here every single day. You guys dont know me but you 've helped me so much. From the bottom of my heart thank you. ROCK ON
I think I know you...
Yep. Rock on!
Old 06-11-2004, 12:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Best, as I've said it before, your nick says it.

and ((((((((((Trish)))))))))) (as well as soooooooooo many other ppl, including Dan, Dot, Gabe, and this marvelous new person to me... Rock) you know you in my book!
Old 06-11-2004, 12:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
garden variety alcoholic

For me, this is another tool in my recovery tool box. I sit in front of a computer all day at work, sometimes with too much time on my hands. This helps to keep my mind on the right path, and, reminds me that I am not alone.

Thanks to all of you..for sharing your E.S.H.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
chris addict

well thats me Ive got a lot of time behind a computer at night.Im very glad I found this sight ,its excatly what I needed to here your storys.Ive got ten months clean but its been really hard on me becouse I lost my girlfriend of 8 years and now Im feeling alone but I go to meeting and stuff and that keeps me sober but I still feel alone all the time Im sure that will pass,I hope but its hard.any advice would be appriciated.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Chy

I come back because I hafta I tell ya, I willingly hafta!! *love you all*
Old 06-13-2004, 01:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I come here because nobody notices the smell if I haven't had a chance to take a shower.....

Sometimes I come to check up on sombeody who's having a hard time, and maybe offer a word of hope.

Mostly I come here to get a smile, bust a chop or get one busted, and to let you guys all remind me I'm not alone in my struggles and they probably aren't as drastic as I perceive them to be.

Nice to see ya Rock!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
garden variety alcoholic

[QUOTE=stud0134]Im feeling alone but I go to meeting and stuff and that keeps me sober but I still feel alone all the time Im sure that will pass/QUOTE]

I can relate to that. There was a time in early soberiety, that I couldn't stand to be alone, because I couldn't stand myself. Going to meetings helped, but it didn't take care of the real issue, that space between my ears.

For me that is where getting a sponser and working the steps came to my rescue. Someone told me that going to meetings will keep my disease at bay for a while, but unless you work the steps, it will catch up eventually.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dan

Does anyone else do this...
When I read posts from the members I know, I get a visual picture in my mind of them that rarely changes. And I also hear a different voice for each of them...
I may have to look into some counseling for this
Old 06-15-2004, 11:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
garden variety alcoholic

Dan, I think that you (and me, I do the same thing) fit in to the " some are sicker than others" group

and If I start to apply a smell when I read Gooch's post's, then I think that I will be locked up
Old 06-15-2004, 11:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Dan

No doubt Gutter!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I need to give credit where credit is deserved....
Coming to SR has helped me to get and stay sober. To come out of my self-imposed prison
The fog in my head is clearing...I can see more clearly now the sky is blue....lalala
Big Hugs To All of You!!