It wasn't until a friend. . . . .

Old 01-02-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It wasn't until a friend. . . . .

It wasn't until a friend pointed out to me, now in recovery that in looking at the actions and behaviour of others towards me in my drinking days that , despite making amends to those I could and being willing to to those that would have to be postponed, there where two people who held close and personal positions at varying times and behaved in such a manner towards me so that I twice lost everything, and I do mean everything other than my son who in my recovery had never said ,'Sorry' to me and very obviously have no intention of doing so.

Her words hit me like a hammerblow, I had been so embroiled in my recovery, the feelings of guilt and loathing I had held towards my self in my drinking days , it had never, ever ocvurred that there were certain things that weren't my fault!

It is then a test of my recovery that my compassion for them means that the thought of revenge doesn't come into my head, which I would like to think is the sign of a wholesome recovery. Mike W.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 43395 View Post
It is then a test of my recovery that my compassion for them means that the thought of revenge doesn't come into my head, which I would like to think is the sign of a wholesome recovery. Mike W.
Good stuff!