View of Life

Old 03-13-2007, 03:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

View of Life

If you want to be miserable, then get yourself around other people who are miserable. If you wish to be joyful, successful and fulfilled, put yourself around those who live with positive purpose.

The more energy you put into complaining about how bad things are, the more things you'll have to complain about. The more intensely you visualize how good things can be, the better they will become.

You are naturally drawn to whatever you focus upon. You will see precisely the opportunities and possibilities that you prepare yourself to see.

Each day is filled with so many choices and directions that you cannot possibly connect to them all. The ones you do connect with are the ones that most closely resonate with your view of life.

Fortunately, you can choose to view life in whatever way you wish. Those who find the best in life are those who continually remind themselves that all the good and valuable things are most certainly there.

See your life as a grand opportunity for love and joy, achievement and fulfillment. And that's exactly what it will be.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You are naturally drawn to whatever you focus upon. You will see precisely the opportunities and possibilities that you prepare yourself to see.
This is a great reminder for me today that I can focus on the problem or I can live in the solution.

There is a time to visit my troubles, to hold them up to the light and examine them carefully, repair what I can and let go of what I cannot. This is a time to learn and grow.

Then comes the time to put these lessons into action, to live what I have learned and focus on the path ahead. I cannot focus on the path ahead if I am constantly looking behind me. I will surely stumble because I cannot go back and change a single day, but nor can I go forward unless I let the light of recovery and all that is good lead me.

Just for today I will focus on all that is good, the blessings in my life and the good things that await me if I just show up and let life happen.

Hugs
Old 03-13-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Excellent post Ann, thanks.

I relate it to AA in sticking with the winners, the people in the rooms I see who have what I want, a serene, happy, strong sobreity. I try to steer new comers in the direction of those who have thier acts together.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I need more than Nar-Anon

Thank you!

Thank you Ann!

I needed a message to help me see my way out of the darkness I've found myself in........you provided it here.

Chartien
Old 03-13-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's Beautiful, Miss Ann!

I really needed to see that, just now..when I did. Thank You so much.

:
Old 03-14-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Letting Go and Letting God

So quickly we forget--thanks for the reminder

It's confusing how one day in recovery I can know and feel and breathe and think all the positive things that it has given me. Then the next day, it's like all of it left me and I'm praying for it back. These reminders help so much. Thank you.

Lately, I have learned how important it is to stay connected to my recovery friends and meetings. I started a second job and needless to say, my meetings have cut way back and my connection with my recovery friends has just about ceased. I'm feeling the after affects. I had a drinking dream the other night. I've had those lonely feelings of despair. I've had urges that I haven't had in a long time. I called my sponsor and she asked me what's going on and I told her and she said, "Well no wonder this is all happening." She said I have no choice but to fit the meetings and the friends back into my life somehow.

At just a blink of an eye, I can lose my sobriety. That scares me. I don't want those dark days.

Thank God for AA!!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I bite.

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
This is a great reminder for me today that I can focus on the problem or I can live in the solution.

There is a time to visit my troubles, to hold them up to the light and examine them carefully, repair what I can and let go of what I cannot. This is a time to learn and grow.

Then comes the time to put these lessons into action, to live what I have learned and focus on the path ahead. I cannot focus on the path ahead if I am constantly looking behind me. I will surely stumble because I cannot go back and change a single day, but nor can I go forward unless I let the light of recovery and all that is good lead me.

Just for today I will focus on all that is good, the blessings in my life and the good things that await me if I just show up and let life happen.

Hugs
Love how you write Ann!

*hugs*