Notices

Addicted to H.

Old 12-07-2001, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
digitalle2001

Thumbs down Addicted to H.

Hi, my name is Richard, I'm from West Coast Canada, and have been addicted for 6 years, i am looking to talk with anyone who may be able to give my head a shake, right now, i feel like i'm half dead, been to rehab, been to jail, same ****, different day. I'm 26 and need to talk, please email me direct, appreciate your help, thanks for listening

Old 12-07-2001, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

DIGITALLE welcome to the recovery forum. I am an recovering alcoholic/addict celebrating seven years clean. There are many people who need recovery but you have to want it and go toany lengths to get it. you have been to detox, rehab and jail so you know the flavor. What do you want to do? Are you done?

Just for Today
Old 12-08-2001, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
digitalle2001

Pernell : thanks for listening,Im kinda new,with this on line stuff.Ive just been searching around,for people to talk with,about our addictions.Im relocating in 10 days.To a safer enviroment,3000 miles away.I have done this move once before,and it did not work.Im hoping this will be the time.are there any 1800 numbers you know of, for some sort of support?

Old 12-08-2001, 09:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So, you are moving 3000 miles away. The problem with that is you are taking you with you. Are you done? Do you have a reservation? Meaning do you want to get high? If you want to get high, don't waste quality get high time with support groups and 800 numbers. You should first stop using if you are active. If you can stop using, get into a Narcotics Anonymous meeting. Live and in livng color. You did not have a problem going to the shooting gallery. you should not have a problem going to a meeting. The same people are there; except they are not copping, they are staying sober one day at a time. What is the problem? Listen, I want to get high today but I decided to wait until next Saturday. I have some other things to do today, so I made a date with myself to do it next week. Just for Today I will not use.

Prayer works-----Spirits are powerful, the whisperer wants you life! Sha-ton master of the darkness of the world.
Old 12-14-2001, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Richard, I am a former addict of opiates and heroin being one of them. I was using for a little over four years so it ****** my head up pretty bad. I have been clean for over a year now and let me tell you, heroin is heroin, prayer or any other supersticious (yes I am reffering to religon as superstition, sorry if I offend anybody) simply will not get rid of the horrible physical withdrawls from opiates in general. Since you have been using for such a long time I would suggest methadone maintenince for the pain. I never went to MMT myself, I detoxed myself with a trustworthy doctor, but if there is such thing as an inpatient MMT I would use that for you can get a doctor who will prescribe the right drugs. Soma is great for the muscle problems that you will have to go through, Klonopin in particular is great for the anxiety and insomnia problems because it is a long lasting benzodiazepine (12-14 hours). I found these to be a must but you have to be careful with them because of the abuse potential (which I wound up in). An SSRI anti-depressant like Prozac or Zoloft can greatly help with the depression but the anti-depressant Ultram has become increasingly popular with opiate withdrawl because it acts upon the opiate receptors but is not an opiate (It closes the endorphin receptor sites a little bit so that the endorphin neurotransmitters don't get sucked up as easily and they start moving around faster within the synapse) I have never been put on this drug so I can't tell you how well it works but I have heard from others that it works miracles. Lomotil is incredibly helpful for the ***** and an anti-nausea medication will of course be needed. This seems like a lot of medication huh? Well having these class of drugs help all of the different symptoms that come about opiate withdrawl. It may take a little time for them all to get into your system and all adjusted but I have found this to be a really helpful combination (I attend UofA Medical School by the way, I only know this info because of personal experience and basic training but I'm initally practicing to be a clinical psychiatrist in the middle of my third year.) Basically you have to want to quit as well ESPECIALLY if you are going to go to MMT because abusing heroin on methadone defeats the purpose, Methadone is a controlled dose of opiate going into your system that has to be adjusted to fit the amount that you need and by just using heroin once it will **** it all up and the amount of opiate in your system won't be the same, resulting in failure. Well I have talked up a storm, I know how it feels dude, and I know that you can do it!

Chris
Old 12-15-2001, 09:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marty

Hey there man,I can relate to your problem.Trying to kick heroin was "THE" hardest thing I ever did.I'm 2 years clean now with the help of methadone.I tried numerous ways to kick only to return back to the dope.Rehabs and meetings are very helpful for some but could not work for my habbit.I was put on waiting lists for methadone maintainance and that just delayed and delayed my sobriety because I would bang all the money on dope that I needed for the clinic.Well,I don't want to go on and on and bore ya man,the advice I can swear by is methadone.....good luck.....Marty