Notices

I need help, please!

Old 08-19-2001, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cody

Exclamation I need help, please!

It's been exactly seven days since I last smoked pot. Really not by choice, I couldn't get any but now I want to stop and this seems like a good time to try.
I've been feeling really horrible physically for the last 5 days but I've really had no desire to use at all.
Can anyone tell me if I'm actually having withdrawals? I've been using everyday for almost three years. I've been unable to eat due to nuasea, had diahrea, and extreme anxiety. My heart feels like its about to jump out of my chest.
I even went to the ER on FRiday. They pumped me full of fluids and I felt a little better but now I;m feeling bad again.
Is this withdrawal? How long will this last?Thanks for youe help in advance.
I admire you all for having the courage to face your addictions. This is not easy but I'm going to make it!

Old 08-19-2001, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cody,
Go to this link
http://www.nida.nih.gov/NIDA_Notes/N.../Evidence.html

it's a page from the National Institute on Drug Abuse's website. It desribes the withdrawal symptoms that chronic marijuana smokers MAY INDEED go through.

Hang in there!

Smoke
Old 08-19-2001, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tamara7/9/01

hi cody -
Hang in there - you sound like you want to take care of yourself and that is exactly what you need right now. It's hard to make big changes like stopping using - I don't know if you are in withdrawal or not, but it sounds like you definitely need some fluids in you - find a drink you like (maybe ice tea?, but no soda and preferably nothing with caffiene) and drink as much as you can possibly handle. Feeling dehydrated can make you feel absoutely AWFUL - headaches, nasea, weak, sick - all of it. What did they tell you at the hospital?
Tamara

Old 08-19-2001, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cody

They said it could be withdrawal and gave me some stuff to help with nausea. I took that yestreday but it practucally rendered me unconscious! Haven't taken anything today but will take a xanax before bed. I had a huge helping of gatorade which seemed to help my pounding heartbeat.
Thanks for the help, I'm hanging in there!

Old 08-19-2001, 05:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
brian

cody, a lot of time these symptoms can be in you head and manifest themselves with physical side effects.Hang in there and be careful with the xanex as it is very addictive, with even worse side effects than the weed.Take care of yourself,eat when your hungry,drink when your thirsty,sleep when your tired.Good luck, Brian (grateful recovering alchoholic and addict)

Old 09-24-2001, 12:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cleansoberandhappy

cody,
you know what it is you want and i know that you have what it takes so hang in there and remember take it "one day at a time" or even one minute at a time whatever it takes! God bless feel free to contact me.

joni

Old 09-28-2001, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

HAY KID I LOVED MY POT FOR 25 YEARS I LIKE BOOZE BUT POT WAS MY DRUG OF CHOICE, I HAVE ALTTLE WITHDRAWL AGGRESSION MOSTLY BUT AS YOUR BODY CLEARS ITS SELF OUT POT TAKES THE LONGEST AND YOU KNOW I NEVER THOUGHT IT DID MUCH DAMMAGE UNTILL I SAW A OLDER FREND DIE OF LUNG CANCER AND HE DID NOT SMOKE CIGGRETTES IT WAS POT, IM SURE OF IT, SO THIS WAS MY PUSH TO GIVE IT UP BECAUSE WITH OUT AIR CAN YOU LIVE!!! SO KEEP TRUCKING KID AND LET ME KNOW FIND GUM TO CHEW I THINK IT HELPED ME IN THE BEGINNING AND BY ALL MEANS TOSS OUT ANYTHING ASSOSCIATED WITH IT
THE OLD SAY OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND!!

------------------
Amazonjudy