Notices

Warning-Dope Peddling Telemarketers

Old 10-19-2005, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Warning-Dope Peddling Telemarketers

I got a call yesterday from a telemarketer offering me Soma or "whatever I needed". Looks like they've moved from spam to phone marketing. I just hung up the phone. Sorry to start a new thread on this but I felt it was pretty important.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

I think this IS very important, and thank you for sharing it.
Although it MAY have been a hoax, people with children especially need to be aware of the dangers involved in this type of scheme.
Shalom!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Livin' the NA WAY

I have been on the other side of that phone more than once. I also placed more than a few orders to help keep them in business.
I won't go into how easy it is, only to say it is ridiculously easy, albeit surprisingly to those who don't know, for people to get whatever they want, WITH a prescription.
It is a gray area in the law that is making more than a few REALLY bad doctors and a few entrepreneurs a lot of money.

I will say, if people do order from these places beware. I have heard horror stories of CC info being used for other things.
Not to mention a few places that got busted by the DEA and all of their medical records seized. Which means your money for whatever you paid for is gone. Which is the least of a persons worries, when the DEA now has your name, prescriptions you obtained, address, CC info, ect. Everything they need to find out who you are, if you are getting other prescriptions from a regular doctor, ect.

Yes, it is a very sad thing happening, and right now there aren't any laws to fully shut them down. 90% are in Florida and most of the companies out there run many companies under different names.
They shut down one in Philadelphia a few years ago before I got clean and I got a little stressed myself.
They are relentless in their marketing as they know the people ordering from them are addicts most of the time, and that we NEED what they have.

It is an insidious way to make money. But to call people at home, trying to conjure up business is ridiculous. I haven't got one of those calls in a long time, thankfully, but if I did, I would find out what business organization takes care of those things and get it to them. This might help curb the calls, but the business aspect will most likely continue until their are laws enacted to close the loops that are allowing them to operate.

Besides for the above warning. This can be an extremely risky and dangerous thing, because they are selling benzo's like candy without providing the risks of stopping the medication. An unimformed person can die ( a high chance depending on dosage/ body make up) coming off of them.
They don't ask you if you have taken the medication before and Rx the max dosage right off the bat. (which of course is why I did it) Which can be extremely dangerous.
They also know that if they get you sucked into their business, there is very HIGH percentage that you will come back for more - because you need it.

I hope people take heed on the legal danger's of ordering from them, as well as the physical.

GREAT post.

Chad H.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

windysan...Thanks for the heads up on that! Hope I never get one of those calls but if so, then they are in for a 'mouthfull'!! LOL! I have no problem whatsoever being very explicit in letting them know what I think of them!

Very informative reply Chad H!! If only people knew what they were getting themselves into when they start with the onlines...but then again, they would probably still do it because they make it so easy.
Even being 1-year+3-months clean, I still worry that I could get into trouble from using several of the onlines while I was 'using'. I monitoured my CC account religiously while doing so and never saw any problems and my CC info has all been changed since I've recovered, but I still worry from time to time.
I even checked the one popular online site awhile back and there was one unfilled prescription waiting for me, even though I emailed them and told them to take me off their list along time ago! CREEPS!! I am sure they would love nothing more than to do business with me again...Haha, when h*ll freezes over!!

I will be glad when more laws are passed to stop the onlines from taking peoples lives and money!
Jane