Notices

seroquel ???

Old 04-15-2006, 03:07 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yes, for the movie tips, Ava!! I haven't gone out to see a movie in a theatre for many months, though. I think Charlie & the Chocolate Factory was the last time I went. Now I'm starting to get frustrated with the rental place because they're billing us big bucks for movies that we DID return. I'm thinking of going to netflix or something like that as a result. Have you ever used one of those services?

Love and hugs,
Eddie teehee
Old 04-16-2006, 11:51 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

A lot of my friends like NetFlix. I don't because I rent spur of the moment. Otherwise I would have signed up too.

I rarely see movies in the theater, even fewer now they have closed down the 2 dollar theater. I did see Corpse Bride and Munich in the theater though. Rented Charlie and I loved it.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:00 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
No expectations!

My mom and I saw Charlie & the Chocolate Factory together and had a blast!! I prefer to go to the video store, too, but we've just had so many problems with them lately. How was The Corpse Bride? I love Tim Burton usually.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-17-2006, 05:36 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello eddie and everyone else I haven't met yet. You know I have been diagnosed with bipolar since 1997. You would not believe how many different anti depressants and other drugs I have been on, nor how many doctors I have been through. I am very sensitive to so many drugs. I finally have a regimen that works but it includes an MAOI. However it helps a lot. You know I told ya about my hubby being prescribed seroquel, well he is now taking temazepam and it helps him very much. No hangovers just good sleep. Also my concotion of pills still do not keep my anxiety completely under control and I suffer from the shakes till about mid day which is not good considering I am a manicurist. Thank God for understanding clients. I have xanax for breakthrough anxiety attacks but I try not to take them unless necessary. You know it is soooo hard being on so many drugs just to maintain stability, but then I think about how I would be without them. I have never been dependant on alcohol or any other kind of drug that would get me high. This hell has been the biggest ride of my life but it has given me insight to those I know who abuse drugs or alcohol. I just put lil brother in rehab a week ago because he has been using cocaine, pot, and alcohol to cope with depression. Its going to be o.k tho cause he really wanted this, he said he wants a better quality of life and at 24 yrs. of age he has plenty of time to live life to the fullest. WOW......getting this out has really helped me!!!!! Even tho I knew I was doing the right thing and he was ready to go I have felt so guilty. However I am extremely protective of him, but I couldn't watch drugs take him over anymore.

all the best to everyone!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, jada!! I take 6 prescription meds, 3 nutritional supplements, and a multivitamin every day, so I can identify. The Wellbutrin gives me the shakes, too, but I take Inderal and that prevents them. Just a thought.

It's wonderful that your brother is seeking recovery so young. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-20-2006, 04:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you very much eddie. I used to be on inderal and one of my doctors took me off of it. So now that you mention it I am going to ask my present doctor if I can get back on it. It's just that the maoi I take has so many interactions with other meds and non meds. You know I respect people in this forum that are doing their best to help themselves with their problems. No one should be ashamed. It's hard work with a lot of ups and downs but giving up will not solve the issues. I tried....and it didn't take me long to figure out I am better when on my meds. We all have a continuous battle to fight. I am glad I have found this forum.

Hugs to all !!!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome, Jada!! And thank YOU for sharing, too!! If you're taking Parnate, you may require a smaller dose of Inderal, but if you're taking Nardil, there shouldn't be any interaction. Hope this helps!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-22-2006, 10:21 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Exclamation

((((((((((SHESTRUGGLES))))))))))

Missing you SO much, and thinking of you everyday, my friend!!!

Praying for your safe return!!!!

Love ya,
Becky
Old 05-05-2006, 04:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

hi everyone, it's me again. As usual life has thrown a big mess at me and I am not dealing with it at all. Doc wants me in the hospital, but I don't want to go. So he told me to take the rest of the week off from work. I can't afford to do any of this!!!! I'm scared but I have to find strength for the next few days. Whats so hard is I deal with the public on a one to one basis. Some are ok but others make me want to run out the door crying and screaming cause they are so nerve racking. Anyway just trying to let off some steam. Talk to ya soon.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:49 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Sounds like maybe you can't afford not to. Have you looked into any "partial" hospitalization programs? I did two partial hospitalizations in my first year and a half AFTER treatment. I'm still dealing with the debt, yes, but it was worth it to get my life back in order. Keep an open mind about your options. I'll be thinking of you today!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 08-28-2006, 08:42 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

bump
Was researching seroquel.
Thanks all.
Anyone want to add anything?

My p-doc just chewed me out because I don't want to take xanax and said buspar was useless for my severe anxiety disorder.
Hubby was put on seroquel. Was wondering if it was an option for me. Nope.
I cleaned out the xanax, tried it and was bombed.
Damn. Damn. Damn.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I have a friend who was put on a low dose of Seroquel for sleep and anxiety. He is also on xanax. He is recovering from a bypass in his late 30s. He has been losing weight before he started it, but now I don't see him losing as much which worries me. He really needs to lose it for his heart problem.

At first, he seemed fine. Now he is starting to behave a little like he is on an 'anti-psychotic' if you know what I mean. I've seen it before in those that don't need anti-psychotics. He just sorta exists. He walks just so, and natural mood fluctuations are gone. Its sad.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:33 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

diagnosis for addicts

My son has been in and out of rehab for the last 7 months. He has seen 3 different psychiatrists and all gave different diagnosis...... Depression, anxiety, bipolar, and OCD along with chemical dependency. He is currently taking Prozac and Stratera. Sometimes I think this is such a big guessing game.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:16 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

i just got some seroquel, this stuff is MAD. i slept so well on it, and fell asleep nicely. very happy with this stuff so far.

will post future opinions ;p
Old 11-08-2006, 02:22 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

oh, also i forgot to mention that i am taking only 25mg before sleepy time now.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Love You All
Old 11-08-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

the fact that seroquel is so effective and positive on me, really points to the fact that i probably have some bipolar/shizo disorder caus thats what the medication is used to treat mainly ... so i guess its not the end of the world, but ya, im still liking this stuff ^_^

ohn ,and one more thing. my friend is takign this stuff too, and he says he takes qgram before bedtime. thats 5x200mg ....

pretty major stuff