Notices

Tapering off klonopin?? Help please

Old 03-27-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tapering off klonopin?? Help please

I have been taking between 1-2 mg klonopin since July of last year. I have finally gotten myself down to 1 mg a day but even that is difficult for me. I am trying to work on a tapering schedule? I take vitamin B complex and a daily multivitamin. Not sure if this helps with my recovery. If anyone else has tips on tapering and dealing with the withdrawals? I have been having really bad agoraphobia where I can’t leave my house unless I take the klonopin. I also am prescribed Zoloft and Buspar. I take 200 mg Zoloft and 60 mg Buspar daily.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Can your psychiatrist help? If you google, it can take people a year or more to completely go off benzos. I'd do some googling and talk to your PDOC. Hopefully you're working with one for the Zoloft and Buspar. PLEASE keep taking the B Complex, it's a neuro-protectant from all kinds of sedative withdrawals. That last mg is extremely hard. If you can, don't try it alone.

I went through klonopin withdrawal. By far the worst I've ever felt in my life. That crap is EVIL.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been benzo free for 8 years now. it was a very difficult withdrawal to say the least. I went cold turkey and it was stupid.

I was taking between 3 and 4mg a day at my worst.

the only other time i had to take benzos was when i was going through near fatal alcohol withdrawal 2 years ago. Even then, I was in the ICU at the hospital so I was watched like a hawk.

this manual helped me TONS, but it's not a substitute for a dr's help.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Keep us updated.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i had to get on xanax when i got off oxys. oxys hid my anxiety for years and then when i quit oxys i realized oh yah i have this crippling anxiety. a better dr switched me off xanax to clonopin. ive tried getting off them a few times and i cant, my anxiety is uncontrollable. i cant go in public, or stores, or even play video games without going into a horrific panic attack for no reason where i start hyperventalating. which sucks because i cant drink beer on clonopins it makes me sick so i havent been able to have a beer in years. and i think the klon fogs up my memory alot. ive come to the terms its just something im most likely going to have to be on the rest of my life. i was born with this god awfull anxiety and i can remember all my teenage life before i ever had a anxiety pill it was a living nightmare. i would drive to a mall, not go in, and come back home and say well i tried at least. i know thats prob not the answer u wanna hear but ive tried every kind of anxiety med and nothing will help me so ive had to come to terms with the fact it helps me and im stuck on them i guess.