Notices

Day 7

Old 08-24-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7

so physically im feeling fine the last two nights i did take double the recommended dose of valerian roots and 6mg of melatonin and that seemed to knock me out at night 6 hours of sleep each night.... im finally going back to work in an hour until 3 am wish me luck! do you guys think valerian root and or melatonin are addictive and cause withdrawals because thats the last thing i want is to go through withdrawals from something else.... i appreciate and love all u guys that stood beside me through those terrible withdrawals im glad i can call myself clean and sober.... im not going to lie 3 hours ago i was getting depressed and sad but i know its just part of the withdrawals and i prayed and feel a lot better not perfect but enough to be grateful for every big and little thing that i have and that is going well in my life..... but this time has been so different .... this time i want it bad i dont want to be a slave to any mind altering substances.... alright guys im going to go get ready for work hoping you guys have a fantastic night ill post update in 8 or 9 hours to let you guys know how my day went and ill write it on every single thread :-) stay blessed my friends and dont forget to take anything for granted for we dont know what will happen tomorrow
Old 08-24-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Always call a doctor and/or pharmacist....Congrats on Day 7!
Old 08-25-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

7 days!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so awesome!

Short answer:
My experience didn't include a withdrawal from either valerian root or melatonin, but my body got to rely on the melatonin a bit. PS, I'm not a doctor, nor is this medical advice.

Long answer:
I'm going to start by saying that I'm not a doctor, and I didn't play one on TV. Further, I'm going to say that I can only give you my personal experiences with valerian root and melatonin.

For me personally, I didn't experience any withdrawal, but it was like coffee...I *knew* something was missing and yes my body did rely on the melatonin a bit.

The next question is: "does utilizing valerian root and melatonin outweigh the way you'd feel if you didn't use them?" That's completely up to you. Some people in recovery (and lets face it you and I BOTH are still int he final stages of detox) will swear by it. Some will say it doesn't affect them.

My advice is always: moderation.

Science-y answer:
There are recommended doses and allowances for a reason. Melatonin (M) is produced naturally in the brain but going through what we are going through, it's not as prevalent and is mostly replaced with norepinephrine (NE). There have been a few studies that have shown a link between M and NE. Heightened levels of NE have been associated with lower levels of M and higher or more pronounced types of depression.

Everything is connected.

**Again, I've provided my personal experience - I'd always ALWAYS ask your doctor. They may have alternative ideas.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

163 Hours in and work was a success last night. Even though i didn't get off until 4 am it was a very good day, idk if im just a better server when not getting loaded but was one of the highest tips day so far. I actually just two melatonin last night and i crashed and just woke up 5 hours later. Even though i just feel super drained from lack of sleep i feel very ecstatic and blessed that i am clean and sober. Tonight i think since itll be half way through day 8 i will just try to sleep without all the sleeping aid pills to see how i will be. if i sleep great then i wont be needing them, if i cant i still wont take them until the next night. Just trying to be cautious and not trying to get hooked on something else. I promised myself that i wont have to feel any type of withdrawals as long as i dont want to.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

A week is great GodsDrummer

D
Old 08-27-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

almost done with day 9 physical symptoms are done and sleep is back to normal been going to sleep at 12 am waking up around 7 am which is pretty normal now that im clean and sober. It was a rough walk getting to day 9 but it was so worth it, for all those that are struggling today is the day where u can change your life. Make the decision today, and dont lie to yourself about stoping tomorrow, or the next day. All you have is today!!!!! you never have to live that poor quality of life, if a person like me was able to make it through these withdrawals so can you. Make the decision to quit and never choose to renegotiate it. The light at the end of tunnel that u cant see on the first 3 days will become visible and you will get there just keep on going. The last 9 days have been the best of days of my life even though i felt like i was going to die the first 3 or 4 days but after that everything just changes. im here for all you guys and believe in you guys !
Old 08-27-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going GD

D
Old 08-28-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job, GD!! I am so proud of you!! You give me strength just reading how well you are doing.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How are things going, GD?? You doing okay??
Old 09-01-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

GD...

How ya doing? What day is it today? It's a slow going day by day thing for me...sometimes I fight hourly for sobriety, but we will make it!

Stay strong and positive, no matter what!
Old 09-04-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How ya doing GD?

How about you sugarangel?
Old 09-04-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

I'm here. I'm okay. But I am sick. Not sure if it's wd related or not. I will try and write more tomorrow. I am just so not feeling good, but wanted you to know I'm alright. Not using. Staying clean and sober!!
Hang in there, Josh. Tomorrow will be a good day. I'm proud of you.

How you doing, GD?? You okay??
Old 09-05-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Exactly. I'm out of my funk..I think it was diet related..maybe just..well, who cares. Really..I'm just glad to be in a level headed place.

Stay positive sugarangel and GD.

How ya doing GD? How's your mom?
Old 09-09-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey GD!!
Just checking in, seeing how you are doing. And your mom. Hope you are both okay....