Notices

in need of a sponsor

Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation looking for a sponsor

Hi, im hope im an alcoholic and ive been sober for about a week and a half now and im doing really well. i dont go to aa so it wouldnt involve the 12 steps or anything like that. just someone i can talk to about my sobriety and help me keep it that way, thanks
Old 01-07-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Exclamation in need of a sponsor

Hi, im hope im an alcoholic and ive been sober for about a week and a half now and im doing really well. i dont go to aa so it wouldnt involve the 12 steps or anything like that. just someone i can talk to about my sobriety and help me keep it that way, thanks
Old 01-07-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi hope and welcome... I'm too new here to be a sponsor.... But welcome and tell us about yourself if you'd like... No pressure !!
Old 01-07-2016, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 7 days Hope. Me 18 days. I don't go to AA either and have found that just by reading and posting here thousands of 'sponsors' are available with their experience and wisdom to help me stay sober. Stay posted.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Hopea12,
Welcome to Sober Recovery! And well done on a 1wk n 1/2. I just wanted you to know that you would most likely get a lot more responses in the newcomers forum. There's a class of Jan., where newbies hang out & post how they're doing, ect...The Substance Abuse forum isn't near as busy.
Good luck to you!
(( Hugs ))
Old 01-07-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Hopea12,
I replied to your other post, but I'd like to add that I, too, use Sober Recovery as my support group. I've never been to an AA, NA, ect. meeting ( other than at rehab. )
I quit heroin & klonopin 16mos ago.
Welcome!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i started heavy drinking about six months ago when i was put on probation, it progressed to 7 days a week, drinking in the mornings blah blah blah. it didnt help that at the time i had an opiate addicted boyfriend, i nearly failed out of school and by the grace of god got into a small private school in the rockies where im finishing off school, hopefully sober (i truly didnt deserve to get in im still in awe). anyways, i made a conscious effort to stay sober when i moved out here because i cant be where i was, i really do think this is a higher power giving me a second chance because i shouldnt have gotten into that school. a couple months ago i didnt think id make it passed 25, if id stayed where i was i prolly would be shootin dope in 5 years. this is a second chance i dont deserve so **** im takin it.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

and thank you for all the support, best wishes to all of your recoveries as well.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you're getting a second chance... Sounds like divine grace to me... You are a grateful person... I am too
Old 01-07-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hopea

we actually don't allow multiple identical threads. You end up getting less response that way.

You have threads in the newcomers forum and the 12 step forum.

That's pretty good coverage and I'm sure you'll get responses from those.

As this is the substance abuse forum , I'll close tthese two merged threads down and direct folks who might want to help over over to the Newcomers forum thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-sponsor.html

D