Notices

RIP Wayne Static (Wells)

Old 11-02-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RIP Wayne Static (Wells)

I know Static X was not the most popular band in the world, but I grew up listening to their music. 4 years ago when Peter Steele (Type O Negative) died it hit home because I was still using at that point. Today luckily I am 2 1/2 years sober, but it still shakes me to think how precious life is. Drugs and the Rock and Roll lifestyle seem to go together, but they don't have to. I think Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach summed it up best. RIP WAYNE!!!

Jacoby Shaddix (PAPA ROACH): "RIP Wayne.... This is so sad. Too many musicians are dying from overdoses. I'm serious, addiction is real and takes fools out. No one is invincible. So glad I live a sober life today. The number of friends that I have lost to addiction is crazy. If you are struggling with addiction, get some help before it's too late. I know drugs and partying are part of the 'rock 'n' roll lifestyle,' but damn, how many more gotta die??? FU*K the lifestyle, I want life!!!! See you on the other side, Wayne...."
Read more at Static X Frontman Wayne Static Dead At 48 - Blabbermouth.net
Old 11-02-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very sad!! . . . Jacoby said it very well!!
Old 11-02-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing and letting us know
about this sad loss. I heard of the group
but never listened to their music.

I went his facebook page and looked
back a few months and could see his
up coming tour date. It just saddens
me to read how folks, musicians keep
their fans updated with up coming events
and then, its like the next day they are
gone. Gone forever. Died. Dead. Forever.

You just never know when your time
is up when dealing with addiction, illness,
diseases.

It's just so sad we can make all sorts
of plans and there's no guarantee we
will complete them. I suppose it makes
sense to live each day to the upmost.

Im just so sad
Old 11-03-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dig.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Marcus, I grew up with them too and Dig, Push it, Get to the Gone, and the awesome Wisconsin Death Trip are still in my rotation. Dig never fails to make me smile.

His family and publicist are saying it was not drug related. Dunno. Keep disco evil
Old 11-03-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know why I am so emotionally
invested in this sad story. If someone
could put one of his video's here for me/
us to see him sing/perform, id appreciate it.

Ive read the link you added Marcus several
times where other artists have added a few
words of his passing. They did say he quit
hard drugs back in 2009 I believe which is
a few yrs. clean.

I am sure we will get the full story about
his death soon. If you could keep us posted
on this sad news here for us to read, id
appreciate it.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Static-X: Push It - YouTube

Oops, I put Dig in there but that's from Mudvayne, another great band of that time. My apologies.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just my thoughts......He was 49 yrs. old.
That's not too terribly young, you know.
Not old, but not like being 20 yrs old.

I listened to some of his music and to
me that is some heavy head bangin music.
It makes me wonder if singing such hard,
course, strong, deep sounding music may
have caused him a brain aneurysm at his
age.

Does that make sense?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He was an intense guy and stayed really busy with writing, producing, ect. Maybe he had some health problems from it.

From everything I read about Wayne, he was a funny, incredibly nice guy. Ive found that most of the heavier singers are.

Static X was always kind of unique. They had a weird, heavy disco kinda vibe with simple songs that just made you feel good. I cant remember any of my friends that didnt enjoy them. Plus, he had awesome hair
Old 11-03-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

They haven't officially said what his death was (probably out of respect), but I know he had some major opiate addiction issues in the past (as did his wife), but he did clean up a bit (still drank). It seems like lots of the musicians close to him are saying it was an OD - he seemed like a healthy guy and usually you don't drop dead at 48 (although Peter Steele had finally gotten clean and died of heart failure which I am sure the years of cocaine abuse did not help).

Not to kick a guy when he is down, but I was reading an interview he did on Dirthouse Records talking about his PigHammer Project (just over 3 years ago) and had this to say.
__
WAYNE STATIC: That song, and the whole album, was written and recorded while we were getting off drugs, and withdrawing, and going through these changes. So that’s really like the biggest transformation of all. Ya know, we didn’t go to rehab or any crap like that. I still drink alcohol, I’m not a quitter. Ya know, I think people that have to go to rehab, maybe they don’t really wanna quit doing drugs, ya know. For me, it was a choice, and it’s not easy but when you know you gotta do it, and you wanna do it, you just deal with it. I don’t see any reason to quit drinking. F*ck, I’ve been drinking since I was 20, I’m 45, I’ll be 46 next month. So I’ve been an alcoholic for 30 years now, so why should I quit drinking? I’m not even tempted anymore. I mean you could chop up some Oxycontin and put it right in front of my face, and I wouldn’t do it because I just don’t want to. I mean, I’ve seen the dark side of drug addiction and I don’t ever wanna be there again. So I don’t need a support system, I’m just over it, ya know?
Full Interview Here: Dirthouse Records
__

So sounds like he might have gotten a bit cocky about it and the whole drinking thing too, but hey to each his own. Who knows maybe it wasn't drugs, but sure seems like the lifestyle caught up to him one way or another. I still loved his music and feel for his family and know all too well the pull of addiction.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well here you go - WAYNE STATIC Died In His Sleep, Not of Drugs According to Press Release - WAYNE STATIC Died In His Sleep, Not of Drugs According to Press Release - Metal Injection

I take it all back (haha)!!!

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 1, 2014) – Today is a sad day in the music industry – Front-man and founding member WAYNE STATIC of STATIC-X passed away quietly in his sleep at his home last night.

The couple was getting ready to leave for a Fall/Winter tour this morning. They were to have left the night before on Halloween, but decided they would head out early in the morning November 1st.

The couple, known for partying heavy, had left hard drugs in 2009 and had not touched them since. Static’s first solo album – Pighammer – was a tribute to his new non-drug life and hoped it would help others to get clean from hard chemical drugs.

More official information about his passing will be released in the following days. This is not a drug related incident or an O. D. Please be courteous to his family and wife and leave positive messages~
Old 11-03-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you Marcus and TiredEnough
for sharing more information, his
interview and the latest news on his
death. Much appreciated.

Living a music life/career, its got
pros and cons, good and bad. Struggles,
success, and everything before, during
and after addiction.

I guess I can say, at least for myself,
Im either in recovery or Im not. There
is no inbetween. No maybe. I never did
hard drugs, but for me alcohol was bad
enough. My feet and my whole body is
inside the door of recovery, not one foot
out and one foot in. Im all in.

Addiction is real and it continues to
sadden me when it rips many away
from its family, friends, fans......
Old 03-16-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't think I really need to revive this thread, but it has been quiet so just another reminder to us that Drugs and Alcohol ARE KILLING PEOPLE. Some quicker than others. I don't think anyone is surprised with the findings even with the denials at the time. It might have just been an attempt to respect his legacy, but it is what it is unfortunately.

Wayne Static – the former frontman for the popular metal group Static-X – died of a fatal mixture of drugs and alcohol, the San Bernardino County Coroner Office confirmed to PEOPLE.

The singer, whose real name was Wayne Richard Wells, was found dead at his home in Landers, California, on Nov.1 at the age of 48.

According to the coroner, the cause of death was "mixed prescription drugs (Oxycodone, Hydromorphone, and Alprazolam) and alcohol toxicity."

Chronic prescription drug and alcohol abuse were also listed as contributing factors to what the coroner ruled a "natural death."

After Static's death, his wife Tera Wray Static – who was in bed with her husband at the time of the overdose – initially denied drugs were a factor in his death.

"Wayne was not taking drugs. If anything, he was a drinker, and did not OD," she said in a statement at the time.

"We all know that both Wayne and I had abused narcotics with alcohol in the past, which I am sure took a toll on his body, heart and soul," she added.

A memorial rock concert – which included performances by heavy metal legends like Dave Navarro, Alice Cooper, and more – was held in Static's honor at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go in Los Angeles on Jan. 20
Old 03-16-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

RIP

i heard of his death but didnt know who he was till i read it in the fix