Notices

I need help

Old 10-22-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I need help

i am an alcholic,,, i have tried to quit before, and stayed sober for 18 months then went through a nasty divorce therehence,, started drinking again.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Hi Jennilynn,
I went through one of those too. It was really hard, but drinking made it 10x harder. Drinking made me feel good for 1 hour and sick for the next 72+. Dig deep and be strong and don't pick up the first one. Take a walk, listen to music, cry, scream , whatever it takes, just don't pick up the poison. Just don't do it today and then the next day and keep reading and posting on here often. It feels impossible at first, but as you get days under your belt and start to feel better, you will also feel stronger. Do it for yourself. Leave the past in the past and focus just on making it through today.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try to evaluate what you were not doing in those 18 months that may have led to you drinking again. Life happens and hardships occur, that is normal. We need to have defenses in place to deal with these situations in order to not pick up again.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you can stay sober 18 months, you can beat this.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I find for myself - and see if it fits you - that when I quit one of my addictive behaviors whether it be smoking, drinking or opiates that I can be and have been successful but somewhere in my psyche I plant an equation that when it equals what I want then it triggers just the excuse to do what I REALLY want to do which is to use again.

My daughter had a seizure so I started smoking again after almost a year without and no cravings whatsoever. What could possibly be the connection?

I struggled through a divorce and picked up opiates again.

I quit successfully again but damnit if the sun goes down 2 degrees off what I thought it would then here we go again.

There doesn't have to be a connection just the excuse we've been looking for to do what we wanted to do all along.

Find the reason to quit again.