Notices

Relapse or recreation?

Old 08-27-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse or recreation?

Hi all on s.r. I've been away a while and was on before posting on friends and family but now have situation w my bf saying he's making mistakes. He was an oxy addict using needles before a prison sentence for theft for his drug. Been clean of pills/opiates for 6mos w me after gettin out n starting life over. I was so proud! everyone deserves a second chance in my opinion. Well minor setback he had to return home to old friends and admitted he started downspiraling down there. He's back w me now in new area but I've seen five instances his eyes restricted. First denied but now he knows I know and can tell so other nite he admitted he actually took a few hydrocodone. He said he did NOT wake up lookingto get high but rather more like happenstance? Saw a man looking high and actually asked him what he was high on. He said a little voice tells him and takes over and he tried explaining it to me. He said no thoughts of me or anything else. He said it was a mistake and he's going through these and learning but the last one before this was a month earlier so he's not learning. Is this triggers and relapse in a way or his he using recreationally? I don't know. He talked fewhours to me about it and doesn't want to do this. He said he will quit smoking so he can work on controlling his mind and then I can see. P.s if anyone knows of another thing that may help him with the lil voice let me know. He's not really wanting to sit in n.a. and talk w strangers....but he does talk to me. I know he's done way worse in the past but I. Don't want him using an opiate every few weeks cuz he's wanting to get high at all. Xo and thanx for reading if u got through all of this...lol
Old 08-27-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

In my opinion complete abstinence from all mind altering drugs is the only solution. Any use will eventually lead us right back to the hell we lived in. Anything less is nothing more an addicts denial.

NA Is a solution that has worked for countless people fighting addiction. Kicking addiction is not about what we want it is about what works
Old 08-27-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Saw a man looking high and actually asked him what he was high on. He said a little voice tells him and takes over and he tried explaining it to me. He said no thoughts of me or anything else

that is NOT recreational drug use, that is complete addict behavior. he is back in ACTIVE addiction right now. and the reason he doesn't want to go to NA is because he isn't ready to quit and stay quit. notice he had NO problem walking up to a STRANGER and asking him what drugs he was on. but he can't go into a meeting and ask how to stay off drugs???? BS.

prison didn't fix him.
moving didn't fix him.
you can't fix him.
until he gets serious that little voice will get louder and louder until it roars 24/7.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank u. When u say active addiction....he's not on opiates everyday, its been few wks between but I see ur point! Lastnite he said he would go to n.a. but its prob. For mewhich I know won't work! Its sad cuz I saw 6mos out and never did I see the small pupils and he went home to s. Florida and opened up the soul to the devil again. He even said he has to push it out the door.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i can see myself when i was using in your description of him. active addiction is as much about behavior as it is about actually doing drugs imo.