Notices

Really feeling cheated...

Old 06-15-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Really feeling cheated...

I feel I really got cheated by my family. My sister and I were both having issues with addiction, and my dad shipped me off to stay with my grandma in another state, and kept my sister at home and allowed her to continue living there in the family trailer, while caring for her three month old son for her, enabling her to continue using drugs and trying to “convince” her to go to rehab. They tip toe around her like they are walking on egg shells, and act fake while they care for her child each and every day.
Meanwhile, I’m here across the country with no support system what so ever, was not given the option to go to rehab, it was kept a secret from my grandma that I was even having issues with drugs before I came here, and I have to deal with this all alone.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are feeling lonely. I can understand why you feel angry and resentful. I had a difficult childhood.....lots of things my parents did were unfair towards me. I had to rise above it and get clean for me....so that I could have a better life. I had to break the cycle of dysfunction so that my children wouldn't have to grow up feeling the way I did. You can do this.....you have the power inside yourself. We are here with you every step of the way. Grab my hand....walk with me....we will do this together ok?
Old 06-15-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FoundHappiness View Post
I feel I really got cheated by my family. My sister and I were both having issues with addiction, and my dad shipped me off to stay with my grandma in another state, and kept my sister at home and allowed her to continue living there in the family trailer, while caring for her three month old son for her, enabling her to continue using drugs and trying to “convince” her to go to rehab. They tip toe around her like they are walking on egg shells, and act fake while they care for her child each and every day.
Meanwhile, I’m here across the country with no support system what so ever, was not given the option to go to rehab, it was kept a secret from my grandma that I was even having issues with drugs before I came here, and I have to deal with this all alone.
"Whoever loves his mother and father, his wife and children and his own life more than me, is not worthy of me."

God so loved you that He went to the cross for you. I would look there, to that cross, if I were you.