Notices

Anxiety has hit me finally. Day 8

Old 05-24-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Anxiety has hit me finally. Day 8

Well it took almost 8 days but the anxiety finally came. The rushing thoughts. Someone told me once I could make myself feel bad and like it was my fault if the moon was full. I think I'm going to explore that. The rush if being clean is over and all the negative feelings are coming back. I feel bad about this. I feel about that. I feel so bad I did bad things. I feel so bad my husband has to work so much. I feel bad we are staying at my moms while our house is being built and she doesn't like cats so I have to keep them cooped up. I feel bad my husband is stressed. It doesn't help my mom is is the most negative and OCD person you could meet. I feel bad every move I make she has to correct it. Ahhhhhhh...
Old 05-24-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to rise above all this crap and truly become the very best YOU possible. don't forget hon, your husband has choices too....right now he's choosing to hang in there and that comes at a price.

did you find the NA site and the literature? or any online meetings?

sure we DO screw up when we are getting loaded...and that's a cross we have to bear. BUT getting clean, getting to the other side, staying clean, and becoming responsible productive citizens again does much to mitigate the damage. you only have to do day 8 once and then you are on to 9, and 19, and 90 and so on.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

You all inspire me so much. Really I could Not do this without you all. I am hanging on this forum like a lifeline . It distracts me inspires me. Your comments give me strength
Old 05-24-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I think sleep deprivation us playing a role in this but each day my sleep is improving.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your sleep is improving - that really helps

At some time, we all have to accept the past is done. We need to accept we did what we did, and we have to try and forgive ourselves.

You're doing everything right now, Mamahawk...the more days you do that, the less the past will matter, and the more the present will come into play.

This is the start of your new life..don't waste too many hours obsessing over your old one

D