Notices

So angry lately...

Old 03-30-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So angry lately...

I'm not sure , I guess it's my life without opiates. I fly off the handle really fast these days and had road rage really bad yesterday! Some lady honked at me and I followed her screaming all kinds of obscenities ...I really lost it! I need to get a grip. I sit here and feel like punching things, the walls in particular. Anyone else extremely angry after opiates! I used to be such a calm, level headed person pre drugs.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Ashamedof, anger is my biggest obstacle to serenity, and perhaps it was always there and I didn't notice it because I was always spazzed out. Rootin for ya.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Odd. I have had some anger issues as well, but while using. Have not had that until recently. I don't like myself like this .
Old 03-30-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you! I'm trying hard to control it, I just have zero patience. I'm glad I'm childless. I'll get it right, I hope!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ashamedof - I definitely have been experiencing bouts of anger. When it happens it sometimes feels uncontrollable like a panic attack except it is anger instead of anxiety. It has been getting much better over the past couple weeks and I have been able to control it unless I get provoked repeatedly over a long period of time. As far as taking it out on the walls goes, there are a few holes in my basement walls from chairs getting tossed around a few weeks ago. Sigh...now patching up the walls is on my to do list.

Getting up and exercising is the only thing that seems to help when it is at its worst. I always had a slow temper before using, and could take a bunch of crap before flipping out. Once I did cross the threshold though it would take me a long time to calm down.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ashamedof all I can say is WOW!!! I just finished shouting at my husband and I come on here and see your thread! Sorry but now I feel like laughing at this coincidence! I think you're right that our emotions are very strong without that filter the opiates provided. That's another thing I can be shouting one second laughing the next and crying after that! I need to get a grip too!
Old 03-30-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You anger absolutely may have to do with your brains inability to produce endorphins and dopamine like is once did. I too had fits of uncontrollable anger for a several months after stopping my meds last Nov. I went weeks - months without good solid sleep. I felt like complete crap for months and would just snap at the smallest things. I wasn't until last month when I decided enough was enough. I changed my diet completely and began getting twice daily exercise. I'm going to the gym everyday now and I'm not only losing some weight, I'm begining to experience those natural endorphins again too. My sleep is restful throughout the night and I wake up refereshed. During the day my attitude (despite work) has been better.
I think that in time once your brain recovers, your rage and anger will lesson.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Im on day 18 of opiate WD. I feel awesome...but anger is a major issue still. I try TRY to think before I react. Ask myself how I'd feel if I were on the receiving end. It is like a panic attack! That was a great metaphor for it, opiophobe! Idk about anyone else but having music on hand always n listening to a song or two once I get that feeling always makes me feel better. Taking a brisk walk while listening to a few of what I call my "pumped" songs works even better. :-)