Notices

Day 5 off Percs

Old 03-29-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 off Percs

Right now I'm day 5 off of Percs I've done this before but never for the right reasons I just have one question I've been taking 2-3mg of sub a day for 4 days If I stop will I get withdrawals is it just delaying the inevitable. I know the piper has to get paid sometime
Old 03-29-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Malicious - in my experience taking subs over a short-term period delays the withdrawal. In my case it would be a lower intensity withdrawal, but it would last longer. As you correctly point out, the piper gets paid no matter what. With Cold Turkey he gets paid upfront. With short-term sub use it is a payment plan.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah today I decided to not use any subs except a small small amount like just pouder on my finger and put it under my tongue but I'm feeling so
Much better today I spent some time with my father felt a little crappy took a 1mg Xanax which didn't help to much but I think I'm amost outta this tomorrow I'm gonna try not taking any subs and pay my dues
Old 03-29-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

But it felt great to feel somewhat normal an enjoy life and not the opiates
Old 03-29-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Malicious congrats on getting clean! I'm glad you're having a good day. Don't get discouraged if you feel a little worse tomorrow or the next day. Sub has a longer half life and takes quite a bit longer to leave your system. If you can hang on and pull through it would be better than taking more sub. You would just be prolonging the inevitable. Just my advice take it or leave it. But it's awesome that you have chosen recovery.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thats what im thinking just take the milder withdraw for longer then the heavy withdraw for a shorter period of time. Im really remembering what its like to be clean again I had about 5 months not to long ago
Old 03-29-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yea, i was the same way, I just had to go cold turkey.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

But is it me having withdraw from the subs or my body naturally still having the withdraw because it never actually went through it.

if that makes sence
Old 03-29-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today is day 4 of my recovery from about 120mg of Percocet a day and some Xanax when I could. This isn't my first rodeo but this is the one where I have everything to lose. Recently I split from my fiancé I'm only 22 but I know this girl could be the one, well I thought things have been rough between us over the last few months with us fighting and my drug use. She has stuck by my side thru it all but now I feel as tho she can't handle it anymore and wants to be more independent. We have been thru a lot from losing an unborn child, car accidents, drug use and opposition from our families about our relationship. But I'm determined to save this relationship because in the end she's the only woman who's ever brought me peace in my darkest hours. Today is day 4 of my recovery and I'm on about 2mg of subs a day I try and take very small doses. People say by day 4 you feel a little better but with all the stress and fighting I can't seem to focus on the beauty of what I'm doing. It's like I have this huge not in my stomach on top of the withdrawals because I don't know if the one girl I love still loves me and wants me back. We still talk but sometimes she's ferocious and wants her space and privacy and it's been so hard to go from knowing everything in her life to almost nothing. My nerves are on edge, my stomachs in a knot but I'm gonna do this for myself and her and finally give myself a life. There's a lot more I would like to say but I'm at work so that's my story any advice is welcomed

this is actually my shortened story about whats going on in my life from another thread i posted
Old 03-29-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Man, so sorry to hear about the losses you've experienced. It sounds like you and your fiance have been through a lot together. A word of warning: if you're doing this to save your relationship, when it gets better what's to stop you from thinking, "Well it's all going good now, so...."? Not to rain on your parade, just a word of caution as I've had an experience rather like that.

Sounds like you're doing great, though. Hang in there.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Malicious - when I would take subs it would feel like it was just the underlying withdrawal catching up once the subs wore off. There is no way for me to know for sure I guess, but that is what it felt like. 8 days was the longest I ever took the subs.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That thought has been on my mind 24/7 but with each passing hour im thinking clearer, sharper and with more caution I know to not let a bad situation with her to send me back

at all I wont, Each day its more for me
she almost seems to be becoming less of what I need to rely on
if she loves me shell love me if not fine, but im not gonna sacrifice my progress for a woman who doesnt love me

or get comfortable enough to use if things get better