Notices

Dang it!!

Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You are welcome! But you know who deserves the the most credit? YOU!!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
You are welcome! But you know who deserves the the most credit? YOU!!!!

it's the Lord he deserves the credit!!!! I would still be getting high. I kept praying for him to stop me. To take away my desire for pills give me a desire for Him!!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow! Praise The Lord! He listened to your prayers! That means He is guiding you! I always believe that things happen for a reason. Perhaps there is reason why you became addicted and went through this horrible ordeal? If I were you, I'd pray for the answer to that question....and do whatever.....to pay it forward in gratitude to Him. Just my thoughts.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Wow! Praise The Lord! He listened to your prayers! That means He is guiding you! I always believe that things happen for a reason. Perhaps there is reason why you became addicted and went through this horrible ordeal? If I were you, I'd pray for the answer to that question....and do whatever.....to pay it forward in gratitude to Him. Just my thoughts.
I have learned I can do nothing without Him!! I slowly was falling away from Him. Not spending time with Him and not giving up my life. I was on my iPhone all the time just looking on Facebook etc. He put on my heart that it was a problem and I needed to seek Him in the morning not my iPhone. I ignored Him... Got really miserable just living pleasing myself. And I eventually ended up where I'm at now. Where you able to listen to the song I posted?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow! Awesome song! Very inspirational! He certainly rescued you! Didn't He? I've found that happening in my own life too. The further I go away from Him the worse trouble I find myself in. I needed a wake-up call too!

I have found that by having this addiction and enduring all the trials and tribulations brought on by it that I've become a much more compassionate person. I grew-up with a very biased opinion of addiction and addicts in general. Since this whole thing hit so close to home, I realize that addicts are not bad people. They are just people who struggle with a very debilitating illness. An illness that hijacks the brain.

For my own understanding/interpretation I liken "addiction" to a sort of possession. Who best to keep the devil away? My Higher Power! Remaining close to Him (Higher Power) spiritually keeps the door shut tightly on this evil addiction!