Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Breaking and addiction is like getting broken up with, after a long relation ship

Notices

Breaking and addiction is like getting broken up with, after a long relation ship

Old 08-14-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

They break up with you knowing it is for the better usually for the better of them.selves. at this point you feel anxious depressed and fiend to get back the positive.emotions and feeling you had with that.significant other. But they move on you try and try maybe even become desperate and do thing you normally wouldent all in the efforts to get that person back ideally to.get the positive.memories.emotions and feeling you guys share that you cant find elseware. But because that other person has the control.of the situation. Knows what's best and is moving on. You can kick shout and scream nothing is bringing you two back together and if u do its.temporary because.people don't change.

But with substance abuse. You are.both people in this relationship and break up which is why it makes it so hard. And your substance.is the feeling, the memories and the emotions you have had with it thought the time.spent. in this relationship you break up and want to move on because you know it is what's best for you so you make that step. But.its hard because at the same time you are.also the person that is being broken up with. You feel depressed,bored, nothing can compare, anxious, and want those memories back along with the feeling and emotions they bring. So you are I. Your own relation ship breaking up with yourself and at the same time.forced to.fight to stay together. The main difference in this situation is that your substance are what has attached both of you in the relationship.with its fun times, good memories, positive feelings. And all that but you don't have control of the substance its there and always will be there. You can move on and be that person that knows your better without . but you also the one that wants to stay and do anything to make it work. Let's call this the angel and devil of addiction. Most of us breakup and know we are better without the other but we let the other broken hearted memory filled person get into the way with there desperate acts using feeling and emotions and memories to get you back into a relation ship which will end up being no different then the last time. In this case the substance. But what you need to do is break it off know why and move forward just like how you are anyone you know did it when they broke up with someone. Doesn't mean you will be 100 percent alright and ready to move on because let's face it no one is like that, you shared.good time to feather that you can't forget. But move on to better yourself and get.out of the relationship and away from the other one that's desperate.and trying anything to get.you back.by showing you how it will be next time how it will be different. Yes you might get those fun feeling and emotions back but the core.problem will not change because its always there and you know it.

Don't be the broken hearted that's desperate to win it back by being tricked. By the one with the control to leave knowing that there more out there for you that is better and copy over the previous memories with stuff a lot more enjoyable and better suited.to you life now!!

I hope this was something some of you find interesting or even something that could help someone understand there situation in a different way. I always had this story in my mind just never got the chance to express it. And I am not really good at expressing but I hope you all can understand and feel it.like I do.

Just though I can switch it up a bit and put.something creative up. If.it doesn't apply.to.you well.maybe it can relate.in other ways! And if you disagree with it well let me.know how you would change it to be more suitable!!!!

Once again.never been on a forum.before.and.I am new so bare with me! Cheers, hope.some people may find this interesting as I did.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Interesting thought. I've been married for 10 years so I haven't had that feeling in a very long time. I've joked about my love affair with opiates and not being able to break up with them. They are like a controlling, toxic relationship. In reality, it is like an affair. I have been cheating on my husband with a stupid little pill. His energetic, happy wife, turned in to an emotionally numb zombie.

I'm clean now; 44 days off pain pills and 15 days off suboxone. I'm noticing the fall out from my addiction. The emotional roller coaster I've caused him. He was happy when I got clean, but the truth always comes out.

Get off while you still can! It isn't worth it. Putting your love in to something unhealthy is...well...unhealthy.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Might be easier if you realized this person has stolen money from you. Cheated on you, was not sincere in their love for you. Didnt give two thoughts about your health and could have cared less if you died and would have simply moved on without you. How easy would it be to break up with a person that was like that ?