Notices

Trying to have courage to quit

Old 07-10-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to have courage to quit

Hello everyone. I'm new here but I have been reading the threads for the last week or so. I have an addiction to opiates and I've been trying to quit since last March. At one point I had 99 days clean. I'm in the middle of a month long relapse right now, and I'm trying to get the courage to set a quit date. I was wondering if any of you had any advice for motivation. I met with a new therapist last week and I am hoping that will help. Any advice and encouragement is appreciated.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Canine,

Welcome to the SR. I know a lot of people in NA and on this forum who have quit opiates. I know it's difficult, but it is possible. Just know that you are not alone and if these folks can do it so can you.

I would suggest getting as much support as possible, both online and in person. Getting honest with a therapist you like and trust and posting here sounds like a great start to me.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Caninetofive
you are definitely in the right place for support

D
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Courage....facing our fears, or the insurmountable. When we look at the whole task, it is overwhelming. When we look at just the next hour or the day, it becomes more do-able. Find your courage in Honesty, Open-minded ness, and Willingness. That is H.O.W you will quit, minute by minute, day by day.