Notices

At least now it all makes sense...

Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At least now it all makes sense...

Hello folks,

I came upon this thread b/c my ex fiancé, who was in recovery for 10 years (main DOAs - alcohol and coke) broke up with me suddenly 6 months or so ago, after what I just found out was a relapse on MDMA and other hallucinogens relapse.
I came here to find out more about what might be in store for him. Either way, I know it’s not good.
I never did any of that but I am a recovering alcoholic so I know it’s bad...
Still, knowing what I know, this **** sucks. I’m really afraid for him and I feel SO POWERLESS.

KCB. I will.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Welcome to the board. What does "KCB" mean?
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep coming back
Old 06-06-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Ahhha. Thank you.

As for your situation... I'm sorry to say, just because you want sobriety for him doesn't mean HE wants it. People are going to relapse no matter what you try to do. If they have even an inkling that they want it, it's very, very tough to talk that demon down. I've been sober for about 3 months, I guess? I can't tell you how many times it's been an outright battle in my head on if I should "just do one" or "just one more". As you know, one more is never enough. We always want more, whether it's a pill or a drink or a smoke or whatever. It's never enough. Just concentrate on you, and your goals. There isn't much you can really do for him, as hard as that is to think. I'm sure you love him very much. Sometimes, love just isn't enough. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks BFD your words, especially as a newcomer, ring very true to me right now. thank you again for the bottom line truth.
hang in there -- it does get easier... and when it gets hard you have a whole network of folks to help you get through it!
I've found that when the going gets tough, a drink or a drug doesnt make anything any easier. Quite the opposite actually. In the long run, it just makes the $hit WAY rougher.