Notices

Kinda new here looking for help..

Old 03-29-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Kinda new here looking for help..

I'm kinda new here, I've been reading through posts but this is my first. And I've got some questions that maybe some of you can help with or relate too. I was prescribed hydrocodone 10/325 for a back problem due to a car wreck. Two years later the pain went away but then was addicted too the drug. I was taking about 15 of them every day. Decided it was time to quit. I am off the loratab but then began using subutex too help with some of the withdrawl, only planned on using it for for a week, well that sure didn't work. 6 months later I'm sick of this crazy cycle and quitting subutex. I used very little sub, weened down to barely anything. I've been off of it for 6 days now and honestly feel pretty good.. Minor cold sweats at night, I eat better than I have in years and I'm staying positive. The only problem left is that I take .5 to 1 milligram of Xanax right before bed for sleep. Not during the day for anxiety or recreation. It's just for sleep. How long can I continue using the Xanax before I become addicted? And what else has worked for you guys In the past? Any input or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Too add to that I feel like I would have a hard time getting addicted to the Xanax.. I really don't like it. To me, the only thing it's good for is sleep. I don't wake up and look forward too it, it's kinda a pain actually. But it's the only thing that's letting me get some rest. Thanks again!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

It sounds like you could prob just stop the Xanax right now. I would give it a shot! Do some research online but I know a lot of people prefer to use melatonin to get to sleep. It's a natural supplement you can find anywhere and it comes in different strengths. Start with the smaller dose and go from there. Congrats on all your hard work.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't stop taking Xanax immediately EVER!!! It's a potent benzo .5mg doesn't sound like much but it is a higher dose than the minimum prescribed if that makes sense. They come in .25 as well. See your doctor to be safe.

'Metagenics Neurocalm' mimicks the effects of benzos and is non addictive.