Notices

Questions for addicts

Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Questions for addicts

Two mths ago, I found out my AH was doing drugs. Since then he says he quit. He went through withdrawl at home. Now, how do I know he is or isn't using anything?
Here's the situation right now..
He doesn't want to talk about the problem or drugs or anything that has to do with that. He works long haul trucking and is gone for week and half at a time. when he's at home, he doesn't disappear or anything. I see him all the time and I don't see anyway he could be getting anything. I try to watch him instead of asking questions and I tend to go extreme, I feel like everything I see is wrong! KWIM? of course he has a reason/excuse for everything and alot of the times it makes sense BUT STILL...
I guess I want someway to know for SURE that he's not doing any drugs.
Any suggestions or anything to tell me? Please do!
Thank you,
Soup
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Souper)) - I'm both a recovering addict and in also in recovery for codependence because of several loved ones who are addicts.

There are times it's pretty darned hard to know, for sure if they are using. Usually time tells the truth. I can tell you this...when my gut said "something just isn't right"...my gut was right.

You may also want to check out the friends & family/substance abuse forum. Lots of good people there that have had similar questions and situations.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy