Notices

Made it past a big hurdle today

Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Made it past a big hurdle today

Hope no one minds if I brag a little. I am really proud of myself today! I am currently 16 days clean from a three yr opiate addiction and today I encountered a huge trigger. As a uni student studying for exams always seemed like a great time to use opiates. But eventually it got to the point that I couldnt study without them. Well I had been dealing with exams being sober by planning well and giving myself a tonne of time to prepare so I did t get that desperate feeling of running out of time or energy.

This morning however I woke up, checked my email and realized I have a f***ing exam at 7pm tonight! Totally forgot ! Of course my addict brain told me I HAD to do drugs today obviously because otherwise I couldn't study with this short notice. But I BEAT IT!! I crushed those terrible thoughts and forced my self to cram and now I am almost totally ready and it wasn't that bad. Plus I feel awesome about myself for coping so well as opposed to how horrible I would feel if I had used.

I just wanted to share my little victory
Old 11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Reid that's ace. Well done n good luck in the exam - you'll ace it. This was obviously a test n you passed it
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amazing! Great job! Please don't feel like sharing things you overcome is bragging, we would love to hear about all of them.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done!!!!! Be proud!!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are making progress, you are doing exactly what you need to do to stay clean. Push those thoughts out, and relish that feeling of being proud of yourself and knowing you can do things with out the blanket of pills. Keep up the great work!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is great news!! Every single step you make towards your goals, is a step closer to them, and a step further from your past.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Always be proud of every victory. Be proud in recovery every victory counts no matter how big and that sounds like a big one! Congrats!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Job. It's like why is that the thought that comes to mind. Glad you suppressed it. As you now know, it was just a crazy thought that wouldn't help anything had you followed through. Not necessary or helpful to accomplish anything other than I think I may have felt better or some weirdness like that.