Notices

Codeine's got me.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codeine's got me.

Well... a little while back, I started taking codeine. Why? Because I got a familiar feeling one day after taking a couple of co-codamols for a headache. It bothered me. I remembered how I'd taken two every night for ages a few years back because mum thought it would help me sleep. I think I'd had them for a while after a rather delicate op too.
I had morphine when they took my wisdom teeth out, and again another time I was in hospital.
I thought there was a chance I had a problem, or rather that I'd have to do without my go to painkiller.
I did some looking on the internet, and found a lot of waffle. And I found a page that included info on cold water extraction.
So I got my coffee filters, thermometer, codis tablets... And I took 80mg (allowing for losses).
Within two days it had stopped working. 80mg became 160mg. Within 3 days, that too had stopped working. 160mg became 240mg...
And that's where I am now. I tried to quit before I came down to London. On Sunday the withdrawal got to me, and I went crawling back. I hate that I take this stuff, but not what it does for me. I hate how much of a mess my life gets. Can't eat yet, got to have an empty stomach...
Do I want to quit? Part of me does...
Old 09-03-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you've found yourself here Em.

I've never had problems with codeine, but it's the same road really...there's no good at the end of it.

Maybe it's time to dig little deeper, look at the feeling you like, and ask yourself why is this still here?

Maybe you can find some support groups now you've moved?

D
Old 09-03-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It will never be easier too quit than RIGHT NOW. I know this for sure. It will only get tougher and the withdrawals will only get worse with age. Trust me on this. Each time I've relapsed getting clean has gotten harder. Find some kind of support because the odds are you won't be able to do this on your own. Oh, and no one truely "wants to quit". If there was a way to use and not have it mess up my life, I'd be back on the train for sure.
Best of luck Emily
Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dee, I'm looking into support groups at the moment. Hopefully I have a meeting lined up for later today.
Having to drop out of uni has hit me harder than I thought it would, although that's not a very good explanation unless, of course, I can see into the future.
There's been a load of stuff going on in my life, as some of you might know. But that would be an excuse.
Lovetosail, I know from my experience trying to quit drinking that I won't be able to quit on my own, alas. I came very close to not quitting as a result. Hopefully I won't do the same this time.
Thanks folks, I'll let you know how I get on.