Notices

What do you think ?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do you think ?

Drugs of any kind can be harmfull but i often wonder if what they say is true. Back in the day i remember learning in school that people start using pot first than thats not enough so you move on to harder drugs eventrually wind up doing heroine. Goverment schedule classification is the same for both criminally. Dealers dont care they will break the law to sell you anything even aclohol if that was ilegal. But if weed was legal like alot of people want (not saying it should be) do you think there would be less hard drug users. Opiates being my DOC i have to wonder cause having used it pot means nothing to me.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is a recovery website. A thread on the pros and cons of MJ legalization does not contribute to anyone's recovery as far as I can see.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Booze is legal, but people get messed up on it, commit crimes to get it, and harm people when they use it. Why assume making some other mind altering substance legal is going to make it harmless?

People get just as hooked on the effect of something as they can get physically hooked on the chemical. And I live in a community where we have potheads that are pretty much zoned out all the time, because their addiction is to not dealing with reality.

If people want to dance with Mary Jane, they'll do it whether it's legal or not, and if they'd rather dance with Mary Jane than live their lives sober, they'll do that too.

Prohibition didn't lead to fewer drunks, and making booze legal again, interestingly enough, didn't end organized crime problems, moonshining or any of the other things it was supposed to do away with.

Users are going to use, and dealers are going to find something to deal. It's human nature that's the issue, not some plant, not some chemical.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Threshold makes a good point. I don't personally believe MJ leads to hard drugs, I didn't smoke and say, "I'm dying to rail some Oxy's now....". People will continue to find something to use and find something to produce and find something to sell. The only difference will be in people finding a better life in being sober rather than toxic.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For me weed did not lead to harder drugs, in fact it was the 4th drug I tried and I did not like it.

Maybe my answer would be different if I was a smoker.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I destroyed myself and my life as completely on pot as I did on anything else.
I was an addict - thats what I did.

in deference to those of us who are here to deal specifically with marijuana addiction, this thread is closed.
2. Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links or materials to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method. It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.