Notices

Soma - Now Federally Controlled

Old 01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Soma - Now Federally Controlled

I just found out today that my secondary DOC from my using years has now been officially branded by the DEA as a Schedule IV drug effective 1/11/2012. This would be Soma, also known as carisoprodol. You don't see this drug mentioned too much on SR, but I have a feeling many of us have used or abused it during our lifetimes. Quite a few states already controlled it, but now it is nationwide.
My supplier for the last few years I was using was an online pharmacy and I am actually happy this event has occurred as this ceased all availability for me, if ever tempted in the future. I never doctor-shopped and bought any pills on the street - the internet was my friend and all my connections are now officially gone. It was also hard to resist as you could order and receive via FedEx the next day from one of the legitimate sites (and I use that term lightly) that offers RX products, but nothing controlled.
Things happen for a reason and this really is a good move. I feel as though one of my final temptations has been lifted today and that many will benefit. My higher power continues to look out for me . . one day at a time
Old 01-20-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi reader,

Isn't it great when stuff like that happens that is completely out of our control. I always view it as a blessing in disguise! Oregon just implimented a new law at the beginning of this year where all controlled substances are reported to a state database. Any doctor you go see can look up this database and see if other doctors are prescribing you pain meds. Stops the doctor shopping right there. I found this out the hard way, because I was going down that slippery slope of getting my regular rx from my primary care doctor, running out early and then going to urgent care with back pain to get more. That stopped last time I tried to do that. It was a big wake up call for me. Who have I become, and what am I doing. This time has to be the last time for me. I can't go back... I can't do this anymore!!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

I am really surprised this didn't happen years ago! I used to abuse Soma back in 1997-2000 after a wrist injury. I can remember taking 5 at a time on an empty stomach and trippin, even at work. I can still taste it, it was nasty and it made me starving!

Thanks for sharing the good news! Lily
Old 01-20-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes this was a problem for me too.My wife would tell you it was worse than when I was on fentanyl very intoxicating scary $hit.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I tried Soma once or twice ... but it was never as cool as it sounded like it'd be in Brave New World ... so I was quickly disillusioned with it
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heyitsme View Post
Hi reader,

Isn't it great when stuff like that happens that is completely out of our control. I always view it as a blessing in disguise! Oregon just implimented a new law at the beginning of this year where all controlled substances are reported to a state database. Any doctor you go see can look up this database and see if other doctors are prescribing you pain meds. Stops the doctor shopping right there. I found this out the hard way, because I was going down that slippery slope of getting my regular rx from my primary care doctor, running out early and then going to urgent care with back pain to get more. That stopped last time I tried to do that. It was a big wake up call for me. Who have I become, and what am I doing. This time has to be the last time for me. I can't go back... I can't do this anymore!!
Exactly what happened to me. THat was my bottom, my wakeup call. I got scared and confessed everything to my doctor. I cut of my own supplier. I can't say that i'd never do it again if i had a source. i'm not that strong yet. Right now having NO ACCESS is all I can manage.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I used soma a few years back as a sleep aid. I was having muscle spams at night and it worked GREAT. Of course I was using it for legit reasons.
Then I found out it was a barbiturate.... UGGGGGG Why is it that the "good stuff" is always so bad?
I used it for a couple of weeks until I got my spasm under control and hen stopped it.
I can'r imagine taking it during the day though...Would make me fall asleep right away.