Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Hen house talk with all our friends - part 22:)

Notices

Hen house talk with all our friends - part 22:)

Old 12-31-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

And a Happy New Year to you all!!

Just got a phone call from my boss/friend. I have a LOT of sunglasses in storage. He has a guy who will buy them for cheap (but it's still a good amount of money for all I have) AND he helps out addicts, homeless, etc.

So, I told dad about it and we are going to get all the glasses together, I'll call the guy, and dad and I will split the money. I honestly don't know how many glasses we have, but whatever it is, we'll make money and help those who need it at the same time - it's a win-win situation!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-31-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Happy New Year to you all as well!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to all my dear friends here! A big welcome to our newest rooster, (((Jethro)))!

I'm about ready to go out. Hubs got tied up on the phone for quite a long while. I'm almost ready to just stay home. There's a Big Bang Theory marathon on TBS, the FuzzyB is being a sweetie and wants lots of pets. I just can't be a no show, though. Hubs friends already call me "Maris" because I'm usually working. LOL

Everyone please stay safe and be cozy! Let's all wish for a much better 2012 than 2011 was! Did you all get some black eyed peas for New Years Day?

Much love to you all!

Lenina
Old 12-31-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

TB- Thank you for the sweet prayer and You are the Hen House's Shaman/Rabbi/Minister/etc That was so so sweet.

Amy glad you got to go do something fun, I like to be outside and that would have been great however just walking would have been cool as ME NO RIDEY the HORSEYS. I was thrown off one as a kid and I don't go near them now. But glad you had a great time, the pics are awesome. And good on getting some bucks for sunglasses.

TOD please get on the right med for your BP, don't want you to stroke out on us. Hope you are feeling much better. What is making it rise? Listen to Amy she's expert on this stuff and knows what she's talking about. And what is going on with your toe? Tell me it itsn't the same old toe issue? You worry me.

JethroMan.......... thanks for keeping us updated on TOD's health. WE want cat pics too when you get time cause TOD won't post those and I love to shop yard sales and thrift stores if TOD hasn't told you. I will do my best to not run off with you lol ............. as I've been accused of attempting it in the past since you were described as near perfect. TOd knows she's near perfect too so there's little chance of that and I'm sort of tied up and down anyhow so dream on Clampett boy!!!!!!!! I am sure I've helped TOD's bp out. And I'm a big jokester... and

NOrty... I sure hope that i haven't done anything to cause TODDERS problems over fudge cravings. Hope you're enjoying yours and hope you're feeling better and better each day. You're doing a great job.

Chicory.... Hope all is well today for you and you're home safe and you have had a very interesting life of occupations. Wow climbing up on greenhouse roofs.
I've never done anything real fun for a living....... I've been a checkout chick at the big hootin K-mart back in the day and I've sold jewelry and lost a bunch once vaccuuming up a window display ha. I am great with cleaning tools not so good with keeping track of valuables. happy new year!!!!

Lenina steer clear of inebrieted celebrities out there and I bet you're looking wonderful tonight. Love and kisses. and give your kitty a big huge hug

Jay.. I bought a bunch of those Furbys and they are creepy. I've got one stored up someplace and it's the thing of nightmares. Hope you have a great year.

40T hope your new year is terrific too.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

As far as what's up with me, nothing, just been out at my mom's and cleaning up her house. I've got a piece of bone coming thru this tooth extraction site that has about cut off my tongue. It feels like shrapnel. I don't know if this is part of the tooth that was pulled or the bone graft that is coming thru but I hope it calms down or falls out or does whatever it is supposed to be doing.I am not sure what is supposed to be normal with this bone graft deal? If anybody knows please give details. The oral surgeon hasn't told me much and what to expect about the actual placement of the implant. Does this hurt afterwards?
Old 12-31-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Med: For ya'lls info! I posted the cat pictures a while back. So how did you miss them? Ask your fat angels where they are located on the HH! And yes it's the same big toe. Last time I cut my toenails. I pulled out a good sized piece of toenail down in the sore corner. But it hasn't stopped it from being red, sore and swollen.

Lenina: Who the hell is Maris?

Jethro has me taking so many BP meds. I'm not going to have a BP by the beginning of the New Year. No really, he's just making sure I take the prescribed amount.

Amy: I have pictures of places I use to ride my horse at. I'll have to do some searching to find them. But you'll love it when you see them. I'm sure you enjoyed your ride beside the river. Hell, I'd enjoy riding anywhere right now. Just to be on horseback again. Sigggggghhhhhh

Med/TB: I had typed this out before I went down with the headache. So here it is!

Med: Like those moves and grooves are going to happen in the first place! Baby, you need to move over just a little bit. Well I would if I could, my back is kinked. But Baby, I need to slide a little bit this way. Well my knee is hurting and I can't put my knee in that position. Well Baby! Can you just unhinge the part I need to use and I'll take care of business and hook it back on when I'm done? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

TB: Take you some hot pepper juice and sprinkle it on some plastic. See if that doesn't stop the little rascal from eating it. There was this Beagle back in dad's early years that was coming to the chicken house and stealing eggs. So dad! He took a few eggs, blew out the egg a little bit and then took a needle and injected some hot pepper sauce. A few days later, the neighbor that owned the dog was complaining about her dog not acting right and was drinking tons of water. Dad said he had NO clue what was wrong with her dog. Well it never came stealing eggs again. LOL

Love to ya'll
TOD
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Med: Your dentist has left bone chips in your mouth before. I'm guessing that is what's happening. I'd be making a beeline back to his chair to get it out of there. Or if you can reach it with twizzers. Pull it out yourself.

The bone graft I got didn't bother me at all. The bones are packed way down close to the bone line to grow together. Then the socket is stitched up well.

Love ya
TOD
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, everyone!

Amy, wishing you a graduation, new job and apartment of your own for the new year (and more horseback rides!)

Lenina, wishing you less travel, less Slummy, more health and more joy.

Med, wishing you health for all in your family, a job that you love, and less leaves to rake.

Chic, wishing you more art and creativity, love, and freedom from your son's problems, whatever form that may take.

TOD and Jethro, wishing you continued love (I'm so jealous!), healthy hens, and healthy selves.

Jaybird, wishing you a sense of family that fills any loss, love, good grades and a new roommate!

TPA, wishing you improved health, love, and continued artistic expression.

TB, wishing you that knee revision and love.

Norty, wishing you the peace that comes from understanding, warm surroundings and love.

Windysan, wishing you reduced gas and intestinal distress!

Ok, the risk I run of doing a new year's wish list is that I missed someone, so please forgive me if I missed anyone. My overall wish for everyone is love, health and well-being in 2012!

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - sounds painful to me! I've been known to take an emery board and file down a sharp edge of a broken tooth until I could get to the dentist I told the brat about it with her broken tooth and she was like "REALLY?" then filed down the jagged edge. Definitely not anything they taught us in nursing school, but it felt like a razor blade on the bottom of my tongue.

I've never been thrown from a horse but came damned close yesterday. You wouldn't have wanted to walk where we were - there were some steep hills that I just know, I'd have been sliding down on my butt, but the horses are pretty amazing (except mine really didn't like the mud!!) I asked her if she wanted a pedicure

Had to go find Elvis to snuggle with. Didn't think I'd be awake for midnight, but since that's only 50 minutes away, guess I will. I've spent most of the day watching the other Jethro - Gibbs, on NCIS.

(((TOD))) - glad to see you posting again and feeling better.

Hope everyone has a safe NYE! Wonder how long it's going to take me before I stop writing 2011?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-31-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Well...I'm going to head off to bed I think. It's not 2012 yet, but whatever, it will be when I wake up in a few hours anyway. I'm getting sleepy, and Sue told me to go to sleep NOW before the feeling passes... She always tells me that "The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." Well, okay, yeah I guess that's right. I always reply with "I'll sleep when I'm dead then." I'll die from insomnia before I ever get "a lot" of sleep! Lol.

Thank you for the well wishes ((40T))! I hope the new year treats you well.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

(((40))) - and I hope 2012 brings YOU some breaks from all the nonstop work, maybe some "me" time?

Sweet dreams, ((Jay)). ((Sue)) is right, I often get sleepy, don't go to bed then am wide awake when it's bed time.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-31-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi Hens and Roosters!

just taking a break from watching cute puppies and kittens on animal planet. the alternative is watching Fergie move her boobs back and forth , as she does Dick Clarks New Years Eve Party. she looks like she has puppies in her dress. lol. they had billy idol on in a flash back , that was nice..

everyone here is playing cards, playing Sequence, or playing ipod or ipad, or idontknow. I am only here so i can baby sit tomorrow morning as they go to pick out the dane of their choice, and then wait for a few weeks more. the kids dont know, so it will be a neat surprise for them, a new puppy. kids have a cousin over and have forgotten about "Ging-Ging, (my name to them-lol)

(((40))) that is such a nice wish for every one. I do believe that the New Year will bring good things for us all. I hope that your wishes for us come true

(((Tod))) I am glad that you are feeling better, and the blood pressure is down. Leave that toe alone!!! digging in it is only going to make it hurt worse. and you dont need an infection.

well kids, 9 minutes till the new year. i will be thinking of you all, as we watch the ball go down, and will be back tomorrow, to see how you all rang in the new year. i mean other than tod, who probably is working some new kama sutra moves....lol.

love you all, and will see you next year.

Happy New Year, my dear ones!

love you.
chicory

ish
Old 12-31-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Happy New Year, hens! I don't post here, but I do lurk and read.

I hope 2012 proves to be a wonderful year for everyone!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

(((Chicory))) - can't wait until we see pics of the new puppy! Have a great time being g'ma.

(((Suki))) - Happy New Year to you too! Nice to see you here in the henhouse

Fireworks are going off all over my neighborhood. It's officially here - 2012!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-31-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

There are fireworks going off all around us too! The second house down from us is having a party. Loud music, laughter, fireworks and God knows what else is happening. LOL

I had Lil Britches aka Maria outside with me. The fireworks didn't phase her. But she eventually wanted to be picked up off the cold, wet ground. So I picked her up and she got all snuggled inside my coat while we stood outside and watched the fireworks and listened to the music together.

So Chickory! Jethro and I are ringing in the New Year right here in our Entertainment room. Lil Britches is on the floor primping and Martha Mae is in her cage tearing up the food in her food bowl. We are about 10 minutes away from the ball dropping.

We use to shoot off the pistol with bangers and screamers, but we are short on supply this year so we'll just let everyone else make all the noise for us. LOL

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 12-31-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Making A Difference

((Jay)) Thank You. No the furballs I’m referring to have 4 legs, long tail, 2 pointed ears and own humans. But I do remember those too.

((Impurrfect)) Thank You. Your pictures remind me of northern Arkansas where I use to ride 4 wheelers. You could ride all day till your backside got tired of riding. When you got hot just find a creek and get wet. IF you knew what to look for and where you could always find a cold spring to get a drink. I use to also fire up my wing and ride for hours on end. Ironically I had taken my BP before a ride and by the time I got back it was time to check it again. It was lower than before, go figure right.

((Med)) You’re another woman after my heart, LOL. My ex-wife accused me of having several too. I just wish she would have told me who they were, because I sure as heck didn’t know. I loved to go to yard sales and second hand stores also. Hey some pawn shops are good too. I really never got into estate sales. If you want to see people go nuts go to a military DRAMO auction. But you had better know what you’re doing and read the bid sheets real close if you’re going to do any bidding. State and city surplus is another good one. Sorry about the tooth, I bet we can take it out if you want.

TOD is right about me watching her BP. If she doesn’t watch it she’ll be going where I’ve been. Trust me it’s not fun have more wires and stuff hooked up to that your stereo does. I sure as hell don't want to go back down that road again. My BP was over 200! My cholesterol (bad) was 500 or 600 I think. So I’ve been there done that and didn’t get the t-shirt, I got the jacket and hat.

Hey we just picked 4 tomatos off our vines, (about time). Dec 31th and were getting tomato’s. LOL

Well HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

May 2012 be even better than last year. May you have a BLESSED, Prosperes and safe New Year.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning all.

Happy New Year.

How do you get a Cow off your roof?……………..Give up……………..Eat more Chicken…HAHAHA…I needed a good laugh today.

I hope and pray that 2012 resolution and dreams come true for all.

My New Year resolution for 2012 recovery wise is to continue to grow Spiritually…On my recovery foundation…Help the newcomer…Be a power of example to all…Progress not perfection.

Personally, pertaining to my knee not dwell on the negatives but look toward the positive…Take care of myself physically… Eat healthier…See the dentist….Get a physical…Save some money…Get the…Furbabies…their annual checkup…Lees stress at work < A Priority….Stay close to my parents as there getting closer to that day.

What Are Some Of Your New Years Resolutions?

Oh and Its not…Furbee or Furby or even Furballs…Its Furbabies….Fur-babies…Our Furbabies…lol.

Hugs to all.
TB
Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
How do you get a Cow off your roof?
I'm gonna get up on my roof and chase it with a butcher knife. I think that oughta work. If not, my backup plan is to entice it with a female cow...that never fails.

I'm going to head home around one I think. I need to clean my room, and it probably wouldn't hurt to clean my car either. It's not full of trash but it's got a lot of dog hair in it...
Old 01-01-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Gotta admit it looks kinda weird to see 2012 on my computer!

(((TB))) - You had me thinking of the Chik-fil-a billboards with the funny cows and "eat more chikken!!". Absolutely love them, AND CFA - the man who started it all lives one street over and is a remarkable man.

Still sore as heck, so makes my NY resolution to eat less, more healthy and exercise a bit easier. Don't want to be this sore the NEXT time I go riding!

I was thinking, last night, NYE was never a big deal to me when I was on the streets - just another day (as was Christmas and other holidays). The big day for me, was when I got my tax refund. Two years I blew it all in a matter of hours. These days I think of paying down credit card bills, getting my car tuned up, etc. Pretty good feeling!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-01-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Happy New Year Peeps...today is day 4 for me and I must say I feel way BETTER than yesterday. Really had a rough one ...but 2012 is going to be a better year. I can just feeeel it!!

You know what else I can FEEL??? The minus 24 degrees we got going outside! Ya know on the bright side. I sure am not plagued by night sweats ! You know all the sweatin that usually accompanies detox..? Well when it is this cold it is not so much of a problem!! It is beautiful outside this morning with all the "alpenglow" , the sky turns pink due to atmospheric conditions including COLD!!
SO I am taking off for a WALK..thats right..a walk...making this commitment to myself this new year . It does help to walk right now for me..I have felt so disconnected from reality it helps with my anxiety.
Check back later!
love norty on day 4 of new sobriety!!

love norty