Notices

prescription drugs

Old 12-25-2011, 05:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
thousandair

O thanks, i had no idea that benzos could be that addictive because they don't really give you a high.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
thousandair

Hey 3 weeks sober, it was a bit difficult getting threw the holidays but all is well and trying to stay busy and active.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wanted to give you a pat on the back. 3 weeks is great. Once the physical withdrawal passes (and it probably has by now) allows the mental part to kick in and you have to stay vigilant. I am past two months and I find I have to daily keep focused on my goal of total recovery for a lifetime. The addiction brain does not give up easily and lies to us.

I'm praying for you and hope you keep posting since we all need to continue accountability and support. Our future depends on it. Stay strong and keep active.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am glad you popped in to let us know you are still going strong. I remember the very first time I was prescribed percs and wanted more. The doctor said there was no way, but it wasn't long before I learned how to finagle a few for this or that.

I wish back then, at your age, I'd realized what I was really facing was addiction and NOT just the desire to feel good.

But, sigh... ten-plus years of on and off the pills later, I've finally managed to stay off them.

So, yeah... stay away from your friends who "use." Too many times after I'd quit, some "well-meaning" friend would toss me a hydro or a vicodin and there I'd go... I finally cut connections with all of those types of "friends."

Congratulations and keep it up!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congrads on week three buddy! This is a huge accomplishment for you! Now that your Physical W/D is in the past, you're in for the mental part. Trust me when I saw that this is the time your addict brain starts lieing to you! I know because I've been there too many times to count. Do NOT LISTEN to the voices when they say it's Ok to use. Might as well be the devil himself telling you it's all cool now to use. DON"T LISTEN!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 3 weeks man!

Now that you're past the bad physical part ... what does your PLAN to stay clean ... consist of? Because if you're thinking that wanting to avoid the pain and suffering of the CT w/d's is going to do it forever ... and that's your 'plan' ... trust me ... that ain't gonna be enough.

And honestly ... the fact that you waited to come back here for a couple weeks to talk to us, and (I'm guessing) you aren't doing any 'recovery work' face-to-face with your fellow addicts in some type of support group ... that kinda suggests to me you at least subconsciously think (no offense) that you're a badass who can do this thing on your own ... make up your own plan, am I right?

I'm here to tell you ... that's how ALL OF US badasses (at least those who weren't forced into some kind of rehab) tried quitting the first time. Ask around here how many people 'got it right' the first time, by coming up w/their own recovery plan? There aren't too many that much is for certain. Sorry to say it but ... alone ... your odds ... they are poor.

Think about the position that YOUR BEST THINKING ... has already put you in.

I think you can logically derive what I'm getting at here
Old 01-09-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

BVAL has a valid and deadly serious point. Do you have a plan to tay clean? Your brain is ripe for "triggers" at this point. I know - I've been there before buddy.