Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

I really don't know where else to turn right now.

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband has been addicted to heroin for many years now. And recently he's been relapsing a lot...at first it was every month, then every week, then every day. I know a decent amount about addiction I would like to think (I've been with him for 2 years and I've been learning the whole way through), so I'm pretty sure that nothing I'm doing is making him use. Also, he's relapsed before but not like this. All I've ever done is try to help. I ask him to tell me the truth if he ever wants to use or if he already has used and I've promised him that I won't get mad or leave him. I tried making him tell his doctor, I tried helping him set a goal not to use for a week...everything I've tried has failed. The medication his doctor gives only helps with withdrawal, not cravings. I don't know what else to do at this point. He keeps constantly lying to me, and not just about drugs...about stupid things. I just don't get it. It hurts when he lies to me. It's not even the addiction itself I have a problem with at this point, it's the lying and sneaking around. I can't take it. I need help.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You need to seek info about an intervention or something. WOW, I am so sorry to hear this I wish I could be more help in this subject.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi ETD. I am so sorry that you are ging through this. It must be absolutely awful.
AS and I are both alcoholics. It might be better to post this in the forum of Friends and Family of alcoholics (and substance abbuse.) It is on the top left hand side of this site under Forums. You can scroll down to see it. They will have information and suggestions for you. Best wishes to you.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LIVING SOBER

at
Originally Posted by EvokeTheDark View Post
My husband has been addicted to heroin for many years now. And recently he's been relapsing a lot...at first it was every month, then every week, then every day. I know a decent amount about addiction I would like to think (I've been with him for 2 years and I've been learning the whole way through), so I'm pretty sure that nothing I'm doing is making him use. Also, he's relapsed before but not like this. All I've ever done is try to help. I ask him to tell me the truth if he ever wants to use or if he already has used and I've promised him that I won't get mad or leave him. I tried making him tell his doctor, I tried helping him set a goal not to use for a week...everything I've tried has failed. The medication his doctor gives only helps with withdrawal, not cravings. I don't know what else to do at this point. He keeps constantly lying to me, and not just about drugs...about stupid things. I just don't get it. It hurts when he lies to me. It's not even the addiction itself I have a problem with at this point, it's the lying and sneaking around. I can't take it. I need help.
You may want to click on the links that I'm going to provide and read through this forum to get a better understanding of where the help is, and what your options are.

click on red text

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Old 11-12-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If this is in the wrong spot, I ask that a mod move it to the proper place because I don't want to post the same thing again.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LIVING SOBER

Originally Posted by EvokeTheDark View Post
If this is in the wrong spot, I ask that a mod move it to the proper place because I don't want to post the same thing again.
Don't worry about it, go ahead and re-post it.
Just cut and paste it if you'd like.
What's important is you get to the right place.
You worry about getting the help.
This thread can be moved/combined/or deleted at any time in the future.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ok well I reposted so I guess someone can delete this now
Old 11-12-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((EvokeTheDark))) - In all honesty, when I was in between relapses, and after my last one, I NEEDED to hear what I had put my family through. I did find the Friends & Family forums, but SR is great, in that you can learn from both sides - get educated about addiction, what goes through the minds of A's (like here), and how to deal with it (F&F).

I'm an RA and recovering codie, know both sides of the fence. I just want you to know that it's normal to want to know why A's do what they do, and though the answer usually is "'cause that's what A's do"., a lot of F&F come here.

We're like a big family that no one really wants to be a part of, but awesome people help us do what is best for us.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy