Notices

Which Doctor should I see?

Old 08-25-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Which Doctor should I see?

Hi all,

I will be starting my withdrawal and detox next week from vicodin. I already have the appointment for the rehab facility. I have decided on out patient. I asked the facility what type of person I would be having the first session with and they said it's just a councilor. I know councilors can't prescribe the benzo's I need for the thomas recipe. So my question is, What doctor do I go see for that? Will they have one at the facility that will prescribe it? Should I go see my primary doctor before hand? I am running very low on my vicodin and by next week I will be out so I will have no choice but to start my withdrawal.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Call the facility and ask if they will have prescribers. If not see your regular doctor and tell them exactly what is going on. They know you and hopefully what works with you so just be honest and ask for help whether at center or primary care. As long as you tell them what is going on and be honest I see no problem in you getting whatever they decide you need.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a friend that sees a Psychiatrist/M.D. He gives him Klonopin 2mg. #30 per week. He also has him on around 3 or 3 and a half Subs per day. He has always been given the Klonopin. I think it is pretty much standard at his practice. I'd say that a Psychiatrist would be most willing to prescribe you a benzo - as they would typically be the ones most suited to delve into your background, find the root cause of your addiction, and also touch on other events in your life. If benzos are what you want - that's the route that I would go. Lemme know- i'm not sure the area that you are but I would be more than happy to give you his Doctor's name and contact information. It's a guarantee.