Notices

Physical symptoms worse

Old 07-27-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Physical symptoms worse

Today on Day 4 and tail end of Day 3 than Day 1 or 2????

Why?
Old 07-27-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yea you're systems in shock. Can't believe you're really doing this and telling you it thinks it needs its DOC. Its been confused for a long time thinking what you've been taking in is what it needs to survive. It will get better, give it time. If worried or its real bad consult your doctor.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes that was my experience. Please consult a dr if you have a racing heart or blood pressure issues.

Hold on - you are almost there.

You are doing GREAT!!

Don't give up!!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Fitz and NVR.

Yeah it has been tough, but nothing that needs medical. Just crawling skin, some random cold sweats, and that sort of hungover feeling with eyes popping out of head!

It comes in waves, though, so I am hoping they are on the way out. Had a thought about calling for some today, and immediately squashed. I am almost there, for now.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This must be a test day. Got a call from dealer who had very cheap, told him I was done and would not take them even if they are free. Man that was kinda hard.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And now my skin is really crawling....wow.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Anvil. I am diverting myself on here - and getting ready for a soft ball game. I think the worst of the cravings are over...for now. Amazing how even seeing that number on my phone set it off.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Those are the days I felt the most symptoms as well. It takes a while from drugs to get out of your receptors.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks anvil and oxious. I am trying to give my self breaks as much as I can. Softball is a reprieve from Daddy day care which I have every other night of the week. Two year-olds are fun but a night off is too. Pushing for the weekend - Friday is a light work day so after tomorrow I think I will have jumped the first hurdle.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Insane Asylum Director

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to cold turkey or detox from, but if it's benzos, for me it took up to 10 days for withdrawal symptoms to lessen. Granted the 5th day was the absolute worst, then slowly it began to taper off. Hang in there Walt.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FT

Ants

Originally Posted by willowwalt View Post
And now my skin is really crawling....wow.
Hey, in my first couple of weeks, every time I tried to go to sleep, I would feel like there were ants crawling all over my body. I could NOT stand it and had to keep getting up and shaking out my arms and legs.

I'm not sure what chemical component of the detox does that, but it was one of my least fun symptoms.

FT
Old 07-27-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MalcolmBliss View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to cold turkey or detox from, but if it's benzos, for me it took up to 10 days for withdrawal symptoms to lessen. Granted the 5th day was the absolute worst, then slowly it began to taper off. Hang in there Walt.

Jesus, be careful, this is not medical advice, it's common sense and it's my story. I was on xanax after my divorce. I never abused it, took less than prescribed and decided I didn't want or need it anymore when I was about 24. The next few days involved episodes that I thought I was having a stroke (seeing colored blurbs and collapsing), then finally the last thing I remembered was taking a sip of water and my eyes flipping back in my head. I woke up to a bf that was saying "WTF, why didn't you tell me you were epileptic", apparently I had been foaming at the mouth for hours.

I do have a seizure disorder, but I developed it AFTER that incident after head trauma. My doctor NEVER warned me not to stop too quickly. I could have died, please be careful.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mine is from Ox and not Xan. Thanks again for all the support.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Insane Asylum Director

Whoops! I apologize. I hope you feel better soon. I know that my detox from codeine was not fun and is still not completely over. You may notice sore muscles for a time. I still have them. I take a lot of vitamins in the morning, that seems to help as opposed to not taking any at all.

Take care of yourself, you'll make it!