Notices

Hen house Talk..Part 14

Old 07-21-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I'm not upset or offended, I've just been on this job search and it hits all my fears, been in a mild whirlwind panic lately or maybe just a manic phase, I did manage to pm Amy cause I was such a mess... somewhere between hope and despair. She's had to talk me off the ceilings.
No worries

TOD, whew glad to hear, I was hoping you were just in trouble for library fines cause I was worried about your family, you know when cops show up at the door. When daughter's bf was geting high clearance in the AF, we had an investigator show up. And you know if you;re an addict even clean for years, that sort of thing puts the fear back up the spine.. even when they call the house for money for balls and charities they always say MA'AM it's a friendly call.... so I don't worry my mom was hit over the head or I"m about to be dragged off for something in my past. lol Good news TOD yay
Bought the pyrethin stuff today... these things are immune to bleach and rubbing alcohol.... I'm tired of bug paranoia.... I hate germs, so this also hits all my buttons. Little white bugs you can see..... some sort of mite that was in the grain either that or the bedding or I'm worrying from the suitcase we bought at the thrift store... dear me just thought of that.

So the good news is that I am allowed to go back to the hospital I was fired from.... that's unbelievable and my HP at work . The catch is to find a manager that would allow me to work with narcotic restrictions. which has been impossible and I was losing hope. Feeling all kinds of emotions at the same time, crying and happy, crying and sad etc.
I have an interview though tomorrow in a cardiac unit so we'll see. Hope everyone is okay and doing good I love you all.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Med- Oh that is good news!! I knew it would be workable, for some reason. just keep trusting the HP and know, that what will be will be. we just do our best, and trust HP for the rest.

love and hugs
chicory
Old 07-21-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((TOD))) I was wondering the same thing, why was a cop at your door. Good for you and hubby getting the speed limit change back to 25.

We have the same problem, the speed limit at the campground is 15mph. My next door neighbor Allen who sits most of the day on his porch which faces the road. Drivers who don’t obey the speed limit well they better watch out for old Allen. From his old porch chair he will yell from the top of his lungs SLOW DOWN. He is a relatively nice person a smile and a hello at those who drive by even when he don’t know you but you speed down the street and you are going to get yelled at. We live right across from the campground playground. The horror what could happen when he thinks a child might be in danger. He would rather tick someone off than have a kid hit by an idiot who cant read a road sign and have the good sense to drive accordingly.

Hugs
TB
Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

It is sooooo HOT here. It's 6:00 pm and the temp is 102.4, humidity 38%. Hubby just had me help him pull cabinets and a huge air conditioner unit out of the back of the truck. Lordy!

I really dread our electric bill that's going to be coming in soon. The electric company also owes us $219.00 from a deposit. I started this BS at the end of June to get the refund sent to us. They say it was mailed out on 15 July. It's now six days later and still no check. And it's being sent from a town about 20 minutes away. WTF? I've called them and they just say it hasn't been returned to them. They also said it takes 30 days after issuance before they will cut another check to us. But if you owe them money and don't pay? They'll cut your electricity off! Not Fair!

Med: The gold at the end of the rainbow seems to have landed in your lap. How nice. I'm tickled for ya.

TB: The yelling Allen. Too funny. But I use to do the same thing at my last address. My cousins had a small business at the end of our dead end street. They had two young men working for them. They had to speed down the street each way. Of course I had over 100 chickens back then and they were certainly crossing the road to get to and from our field. Hubby and I were standing outside beside the road when I heard them coming down the road pulling a long trailer. I saw one of my silkie hens on the road and started for her. But due to the speed these idiots were going, I never made it to save her. They flattened her and I was screaming the whole time. They just kept driving.

I called my cousin and was screaming at her about the idiots they had working for them. (This wasn't the first time I had complained). So the next day when they came to work, it was their last day. I've even watched young ppl in their big trucks aim at my chickens that would get on the side of the road. It would just make me sick to see this type of crime being done. I wanted to take a box of tacks and throw it in the road for them drive over.

I also pull over and remove every turtle I see walking across the road. They are innocent and I've seen ppl aim for them too. These ppl will have to answer for thier cruelness one day.

Okay, gotta start cleaning crates, slicing apples and filling corn bowls up.
Love to all, stay cool!

TOD
Old 07-21-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Med))) What wonderful news, everyone is spot on your HP at work. I’ll be praying for you that everything goes your way.

Hugs
TB
Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - glad it was a good visit, and your street will be safer. I can see why you're concerned, since your hubby helped me google earth where you live (yep, know where the scooter neighbor lives too..in fact know all about your neighbors )

(((Lynda))) angels are great! When we got robbed at work, the first time, the post I wrote about it was titled "Angel on my shoulder".

(((Med))) - I'm still doing the happy dance after reading about your interview in the pm! Remember what I told you..basically you deserve this, you've worked damned hard to get to this point. Leave the bad feelings at the door.

I like my new dr., which is a good thing as Melvin moved to an office more than 1-1/2 hours away. My favorite nurse was there, said she'd already told the dr. I was "legit" and is just SO supportive of me, even if she does want me to get back into nursing.

Found out her husband (don't know when or if still) was abusing muscle relaxers, they ate a hole in his stomach, he was in the hospital and his nurse was in recovery! He got the wrong nurse to try saying "it's not that bad". Now I know why C (the nurse) "gets" me and is so supportive. I've got to leave her a voice mail to see if she can work some magic on my bill. Guess because it was the first time the dr. had seen me, she charged it as $192, compared to the $128 I normally have to pay (only $50 at visit, billed for the rest). She said she'd talked to their main office and can bill me at a lower rate, but was busy when I got the bill.

I've got to send B an e-mail on his stores I did. Funniest thing, the last store I went to, somewhere in Atlanta (thank God for my GPS), and I ran into 3 of MY store mgrs. We saw each other and were all saying "what are YOU doing here?!?!" They were helping the mgr get ready for inventory, I was helping out B. My most favorite mgr was one of them (her store is always spotless and my displays are neat and dusted). Never knew her name, as she doesn't wear a name tag, but found out it's Tess...small world.

Dad is on his way to Chicago, stepmom is somewhere, so it's just me and the furbabies and it's nice!

Oh yeah, got computer fixed but didn't remember I was supposed to CALL first (he didn't say that yesterday, but probably did in the past). Came to the door in nothing but shorts, fussed a little, found out the anti-virus program I have kept the virus from doing any damage. When I left, with the laptop, he gave me his new business cards..told me "put on your fishnet stockings, stand on a street corner and give them out". Asked him if that would redeem me for not calling first and he laughed, said "no". Don't worry, I don't HAVE a pair of fishnet stockings and I already recommend him to everyone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Dick's trial was today, he is on 1 year probation, has mandatory anger management classes, and was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine. I don't know if that's great or not but whatever, I guess I'm alright with it, as long as he doesn't come after me again.

Hope you all are well... ((Med)) - grats on the interview. ((Amy)) - Hope you get the job. ((TOD)) - Glad the cop was there for a good reason. ((Lynda)) - My gecko's name is Darby, not Monty. But good try. He's been good though, hasn't been painting lately.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - well, at least he has to fork over some money, and if he shows his a$$ again, he'll be violating a restraining order AND probation. Wonder what happens if someone fails anger management classes?

Glad it's over and hope he keeps a BIG distance from you and (((Kirby))).

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-21-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

The fine was just paid out to court or wherever that money goes, not to me. I'll be suing him shortly for medical expenses. I don't know what happens if you fail anger management classes or if you can even fail at all...
Old 07-21-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

(((((med!!))) I am so very happy for you!! Congrats! All your hard work has paid off!

((((Jay)))) Good to hear Dick is getting some appropriate action. I bet he thinks twice before he messes with you again. I don't know about anger management classes or how they work. If nothing else, it will be an inconvenience for him. And you go after those medical bills!!

I am in the middle of cooking dinner so this is short, I'll be back later!

Much love to all my hens and roosters!

Lenina
Old 07-21-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
I bet he thinks twice before he messes with you again.
Honestly, I bet he won't. He seems to be one of those people that never learn. In fact, he's perfect for my mom that way. They can live in their glorified dysfunction, I just don't care anymore.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:19 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Wonders never cease! I woke up around 9:30 pm as I went to bed around 6pm, exhausted. I hadn't eaten today, just too tired to cook, plus hurting to high heaven. Any way, since I'm usually awake at night here in the RV Park, I keep an eye on the campers of the "weekenders", helping them and the manager keep theft down. I had gone outside about 10:30 and one particular trailer that belongs to a friend of Henry's was vacant, as usual. However when Henry went back to lie down, he saw a vehicle outside of it with the lights on. His friend usually calls him to turn on the AC and water when he comes down, but we didn't get a call today, so we were concerned. As I called the manager's home number, I saw what looked like children carrying things to the truck from the camper. So when they left, since the manager nor his wife woke up, we jumped in our truck to follow them. I got a good description of the vehicle and a tag number. When we came back into the park, we went by the camper and it was locked and there was a dog inside. (The friend does not have a dog that comes down to the camper.) Any way, I am trying to get in touch with the friend and let him know the description of the vehicle to find out if they are supposed to be there. Excitement never ends here in "RV Land." Until next time...

Hugs n smoochies,

Lynda

ps. ((Jason,)) I'll try to remember Darby, have no Idea where Monty came from??? must be losing my mind. I'm glad the person who assaulted you is having to pay the courts at least. That decision will go a long way to aiding in your case for medical compensation. If he does happen to "Fail" the anger management, (It does happen) he could be subject to continued restrictions by law enforcement up to and including jail time and more fines.

((Med)) congrats on the good news! I'm sure that you are in for the long run this time! I usually have good instincts about this kind of thing, and mine are telling me that you will do just fine!

((Amy)) You will probably get the job, and might even work your way up to management with them. Again, it's my instincts that are talking to me, and as I said they are usually spot on. It's wonderful that you finally found the name to that manager who is so nice.

((TOD)) Keep on them, I know how those electric companies can be in your neck of the woods, especially if it's a co-op like the one that my parents belong to. They really like to drag their feet on any refunds due to you and they are like you said quick on the draw if you are late with their money. Good luck!

G'night everyone, looks like I'm on guard duty tonight as I'm now to nervous to go to sleep again.

Lynda

Last edited by mrsfit; 07-21-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: I'm forgetful...
Old 07-22-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
The fine was just paid out to court or wherever that money goes, not to me. I'll be suing him shortly for medical expenses. I don't know what happens if you fail anger management classes or if you can even fail at all...
Jay-
If you can sue him right away, it might be the best time to. while he is under the watchful eye of the law (i hope) and if it pi$$es him off, and he acts stupid, he might get more punishment. he deserves it. did your friend get to set in on the trial?

hugs
chicory
Old 07-22-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

((Jay)) I agree wholeheartedly with Chickory, best to strike while the iron is hot, and since he is on probation, you will have double protection under the law, not to mention that it will aid your case with the courts as well.

((Everyone else)) it's a great day to know that you are loved by your HP!

We just got the visit from Adult Protective Services and they have decided that we would definitely benefit from not only a caregiver, but a doctor that would come to the camper to see us as well, we should get all the paperwork next week. Wow, the Goddess is great!

I wanted to make an admission here to all of you of some things that I have kept hidden for a long time. Back in 2004, I was in and out of the state Hospital for the mentally disabled in Mississippi for about 2 years. At that time, I was given several diagnosis, including Borderline Personality Disorder, Dissociative Identity Disorder/Multiple Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and Major Depressive Disorder. I have always neglected to share these diagnosis' with others out of fear of their reactions, but have recently come to the understanding that if I am going to have any kind of meaningful relationship, friendship included, with others they need to know these things about me. So I am beginning to share with you all and a few choice others about my disorders in an attempt to allow you to decide for yourselves if it is worth the effort on your part to deal with my disorders and the chaos they sometimes cause. Thank you all very much for allowing me the honor of feeling safe enough with you all to share this with you.

Hugs n smoochies,

Lynda
Old 07-22-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

(((Lynda))) - good on everything working out!

(((Jay))) - I do hope you can sue him soon and he stays away.

Stepmom knew I went to the dr., wanted "a couple" of my routine meds (no narcotics) and I had to finally say "NO!" after the 3rd time. I did talk to her about it, calmly, but it just irritates me that not only do I have to lock everything up, I constantly get asked for them. She can't sleep..yeah, well join the group. I am the one working all the time while she stays up all night, sleeps all day.

I really do love her, I just don't like this side of her...reminds me of ME in the old days.

Talked to my aunt in CA, cousin is out of the coma but his liver is still in really bad shape. She's also pretty sick, with Crohn's and Valley Fever...has never drank, used drugs, or smoked. Stuff just happens.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay ya'll. I'm at the point of begging someone here from SR to send us some cooler weather. It's 1:30 pm and it's 107.5 degrees on my weather channel gizmo I have on the wall in front of me. Hubby is outside hosing down the dog pen and under the fan area they lounge around in.

I have a question for all of you that are reading this too? We planted some tomato plants back in the beginning of the summer. They are very tall beautiful plants, (like 5 ft tall), but not a tomato one is growing on them. Only one plant has had a few blooms on them. Has anyone else had this problem with their plants? Just curious to hear what others are experiencing! They get sun and shade each day and we keep them watered.

My handicapped neighbor and his wife LOVE tomatoes. So he checks the plants each day when he comes over and keeps asking me what hubby did wrong? LOL I rarely eat a tomato so I wouldn't have a clue on what's wrong with the damn plants. Hubby is the one that planted them, because he loves tomatos.

I got my reminder phone call for Tuesday's appt with the VAH dentist. Getting the bottom tooth pulled that THEY cracked the roots on when they pulled the tooth out beside it. So I'm there with ya'll on having to go thru some major dental stuff w/o opiates to help ease me thru it. I did get some low dose valium to take before the appt to help keep my BP down. It sky rockets when I get in that chair for any major work to be done.

My dad's BD is tomorrow. We are all gathering at my younger sister's house to have a fish fry and eat BD cake. The WM said there is a chance of rain for later today and tomorrow. I sure hope it helps to cool things off while we are all gathered.

We are saving gas by not having to cut the grass, just tall weeds growing, but the money saved will be spent on the HIGH electric bills!

I saw a doe with her baby in the backyard a couple of days ago. I've been seeing them during the day, more and more. They are probably smelling the water we spray around here. So I had hubby put a large bucket full of water on the outside of the fence for them to find and drink out of. He said there was a little out of it today, so I hope they've found it.

Okay, gotta scoot. Time to get moving.
Love to all
TOD
Old 07-22-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

I want to thank all of you for the prayers, good wishes and kind thoughts. I think it made a huge difference. Things just went so smooth. I believe I got the job, it's just technical stuff, paper work and people calling people but she's good to go with me. This hospital is a top 100 in the nation for cardiac and that's what I'd be doing is hearts. I am going to have to take this challenge course called ACLS which is a certification for emergency management of the dying, or those fatal events ( also known as code blue in some areas of the country)they show on drama medical TV when a heart stops and everyone goes nuts trying to save them, paddles, etc.

I'm really happy but part of me is just in disbelief and part of me prays nothing like another obstacle is put in the path to me getting on. I am supposed to follow another nurse around one day and that is mandatory for all new hires and if they ask you to do this as she has, it's usually a given you're hired but I don't take anything for granted anymore.

TOD heavens to hot weather. Do your rain dance... that's crazy heat. I thought the 91 here was bad with the 78% humidity, it's always humid in the south but lately it's just worse than it ever has been, I haven't seen wet heavy heat like this in a bit day after day. Hugs honey.

MrsFit, we don't judge here. We all have some kind of issue, I probably myself am mild bi polar, and I know for a fact I'm ADHD but I haven't been diagnosed by a medical doctor and right now, I've got so many labels not looking to put any formal added labels on myself lol.
Being in a facility whether it's rehab, state hospital ... we got good stories to tell. I got some doozies of things I have seen and heard about just in the 90 days of being in locked down rehab. And I got stories of being on the other side as a nurse of taking care of patients that are in an unmedicated crisis of psychological breakdown. Or maybe an overmedicated state either way we BE interesting people now so don't worry be happy as they say

I'm strangly not wanting to clean, you would not believe the shape of this house at this point, it looks like a band of wild 2 years olds were turned loose to ravish the house. I've been concentrating on getting work and put all my energy and efforts into the job search and the house be dam&ed. So got to find some energy as i've burned it all in emotions and nervous energy to tornado thru this wreckage. All of the stuff on teh floor in my daughter's bedroom is in the hall where the room was bombed with pyrethin. Do I care...... not right now, normally that would set me into a frenzy but ah, it's not hurting anything or anyone. Ya'll come on down it's a great time to visit, the house is LIVED in now. Thank god for SR and the wonderful people here. I credit everyone of you for helping me make it to a recovery I'm so proud of.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - I talked to my uncle out there and he said they were supposed to break a record with the heat. I hate you're going through it and I hate it's supposed to head our way.

I know nothing of tomato plants, though I do LOVE tomatoes.

(((Med))) - *****OOOOOOOOO!!! OMG, I am SO happy!! I'm sure ACLS has changed since I was certified, but there are a lot of nmemonics (sp?) to help you remember the meds administered. I found a really good workbook, and though each time I recertified, I was nervous, it wasn't as bad as I thought. You'll do fine.

Obviously, I'm not getting called in to work early Will do my little 6 hours today, 8 tomorrow and be done for the week.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-22-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

It's been such a spirtual day. This am the doorbell rang and on the porch were 2 little old ladies in this heat going door to door spreading the good word of Jehovah. Normally I shut the door or run away screaming. Today I smiled, listened and all they wanted was to share the Lord's Prayer, which was very nice, it was so peaceful and I was not like myself in this interaction.

It's something to be so greatful and kind to others.
ON that note I want to share the most beautiful music sung by a group of people that aren't together physically but singing all from their homes virtually and put together in one song. I have no idea what the latin words mean but it is soothing and zen and spirtual and non demnominational or however you say that.
‪Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir - 'Lux Aurumque'‬‏ - YouTube
Old 07-22-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

mrsfit: Thanks for sharing your history with us. We all have some source of mental or medical problem. It helps to know ahead of time what we are dealing with when something out of the ordinary comes across the board from one of us! Now we have the heads up.

I myself really only have the problem of not being able to take opiates. I can take them. I just don't because they love to rule my world. I like having control of my world on my own. Not the medicated opiate world ruling my every waking moment. Not having the need for the opiate or chasing every lead to another pill is so refreshing!!! Going to doctor appts and not dreading the thoughts of, "I'm going to have to beg for more pills", is another relief. My VAH use to have no problem handing out opiates. But it's not that way anymore. They've been cracked down on this problem. This also makes me very happy I'm not taking them anymore. I see the patients still on opiates having the problems of w/d's due to not being able to get more pills, wondering around the hospital.

Several years ago. There was a young man walking around in the parking lot, buying opiates from ppl coming out with their scripts in bags. He managed to buy enough, he took them all and overdosed in the parking lot. This is what and where drugs of all kinds land us. I choose not to get to that point. Because I know my body and mind. I know there could never be enough opiates I could take that would satisfy me. I would eventually overdose from trying to reach that high I was striving for. Our recovering world has already lost way too many friends and family to overdosing. There are way to many NA/AA meetings out there to go to for help. And it's FREE! Why ppl don't reach out to them for help is beyond me. Even my handicapped neighbors son is in those meetings every week for his recovery. Two years clean now.

Okay, back to where I went astray.

Med: I know you are just tingling with anticipation from getting a job. You've been on both sides now and will do great at this job.

TOD