Notices

adderall addiction

Old 12-19-2010, 08:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

adderall addiction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started doing meth when I was 18. I did it off and on until I was 23. I was at a point where I was smoking it all day long for close to a year and a half. I finally was able to cut out the people in my life and quit on my own.

I have taken adderall off and on since high school. I used to just take it on the weekends to drink. I can drink a lot when I am on it and it just made me feel good. I was always too hungover on sunday and wouldn't take it. If I did take it on Sunday than I felt I had to take it on Monday just to get through work. I got sick of buying it so I went to my doctor and got prescribed. I am a single mom and work a lot of hours so it would help me get through the day when I needed it. But still was only taking it on the weekends.

When I first started taking it I would talk non stop all night. Constantly wanted to be around people. Always like drinking when I was on it. I would clean and get so much done. I would be upbeat and happy. Just made me feel really good. Than i started feeling like I couldn't accomplish anything without taking it. My heart pounds so fast and I constantly take more and more. I am anti social now. I am exhausted all the time and it doesn't even pick me up anymore. I start freaking out before I even run out. I get angry and and in a really bad mood. It's just wearing me out. I can't ever sleep good. I take tylenol PM ever night to help me fall asleep than I sleep all day before I have to work. I'm miserable. I have ruined relationships by being paranoid about ****. I get depressed a lot.

So insane how I can quit meth but yet not this. I don't want to be like this anymore. I don't want to have to survive on a drug. I get scared I will go crazy on it after awhile. So tomorrow is my first day off it. I got to do this.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Welcome NicoleB:

Don't know much about adderall. My DOC was opiates. There will be someone along to talk more about the meth and adderall.

Just keep reading posts and check back to this forum.

Hang in there. Sounds like you're ready to be done with this merry go round.

TOD
Old 12-19-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you and yes I am. Just a vicous cycle.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum! I was never able to quit one drug and continue to use another....though I certainly gave it a hell of a try! In the end, only desperation got me to the point where I was willing to try something else.