Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

100mg Valium use for 7 weeks - need help escaping!

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello,

I've been taking valiums (illicit pakistani 10mg Roche blues - which have a reputation of being rather weak and often outright counterfeit) for 11 weeks now. Started on like 40mg per day and di get a nice little buzz, but now I'm consuming 100mg per day (the last 2 weeks) and getting not much at all other than a little uncoordinated walking. Most advice is to taper but what if I've been taking weak stuff and not for long enough to become physically addicted? Some people say it can take months to become physically addicted. I want to stop as soon as I can.

I have now enrolled with Turning Point who will start me on a 30mg script in a couple of weeks. I lost (it was destroyed) all my existing stash and came clean with the doctors today who have put me on 30mg per day until I see the Turning Point doctor. So hopefully as I've not been on 100mg for more than a few weeks it should be ok. I'd really like to be free of benzos by Christmas though and Turning Point think this is possible if I can tolerate a bit of pain, which I think I can. we'll see. Apparently the 30mg daily will at least stop seizures and the worst of WDs if I can level on that for a couple of weeks and then taper fairly quickly from there.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We can't give medical advice so not sure what kind of help you're after. I do know you can't go cold turkey off benzo's so stick to whatever it is your doctors are telling you to do. We can give you support for staying clean and SR has been a great tool for me to talk with others. So reading other's postings and posting about your recovery here is valuable. Welcome to SR. It's a great place.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok thanks; I'm enrolled on a program and my doctor is aware. I'm also just 9 days clean of opiates and am going to my first AA meeting tomorrow. Will let you know how it all goes. Very scared though!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

uentin

Ditto, and welcome, Quentin. You are doing the right thing by following medical advice. The problem is that, if you are truly an addict, simply detoxing from the drugs won't cut it. No one but you can answer the "am I?" question, but it will likely be time well-spent to learn about what recovery requires.

Good luck!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

see a doctor