Notices

Are You a Hydrocodone Addict?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Are You a Hydrocodone Addict?

This is something I found while browsing the site. Thought those needing the info would find it helpful to their situation.

Increased usage of hydrocodone is being noted as a growing trend in recent days as addiction to Hydrocodone is a very common issue due to the trouble-free availability of this drug. It is often consumed with other drugs that are not severely restricted and these mixtures usually come in the form of painkillers that are prescribed by doctors. Some of the common preparations that are used are Vicodin and Lortab. Medications containing Hydrocodone can come in tablet; capsule or syrup forms and all preparations are taken orally. In its pure form it is very hard to obtain, because of its addictive nature.The symptoms of addiction are anxiousness to take the drug and the need to take more of the drug to get the desired effect. To feed their addiction, many addicts go from doctor to doctor faking the severity of a condition in order to obtain the medication. Some resort to criminal behavior such as breaking into pharmacies to steal the medication or forging prescriptions. After prolonged usage, Hydrocodone begins to control the brain to make itself the highest priority. This makes the addict compelled to use the drug to gain pleasure from it. Hydrocodone addiction is a physical habit as well as a psychological habit. It is rare that an addict can quit this addiction on his or her own. In order to obtain help, an addict must seek treatment from a medical professional.

I've been told for many a year by many a person: 'Whatever DOC is yours. It becomes your best friend and lover. This is one reason when you get past the detox period, it is so hard to give up.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes I am.

And that stuff is all true.

Except for where it says that pure hydrocodone is difficult to obtain because of it's addictive nature. In reality, it's difficult to obtain because there's no pharmaceutical company that makes a formulation of pure hydrocodone + given opium poppies as a raw material, it's about 1000x easier for illegal suppliers to make heroin out of the poppies than it is for them to synthesize hydrocodone.

Anyways ... is there a point to this post that I'm missing perhaps?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

After being addicted to hydrocodone for 3 yrs.and trying to quit for the last year of my addiction I overdosed by mixing hydrocodone,zanax and alcohol I went into cardiac and respritory failure if it wasnt for the paramedics and the doctors I wouldnt be typing this today. I can still remember the doctor telling me when I came too how lucky I was, that they had almost lost me. After the physical detox recovery was critical to maintain my sanity and get sobriety or history would repeat itsef and I may not get another chance. GOD knows I tried to quit on my own and it almost killed me. I was told that "I had a mind that was out to kill me but it needed my body for transprotation." Today I have 2 months and I owe it to a good support group and recovery program.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by bvaljalo View Post
Yes I am.

And that stuff is all true.

Except for where it says that pure hydrocodone is difficult to obtain because of it's addictive nature. In reality, it's difficult to obtain because there's no pharmaceutical company that makes a formulation of pure hydrocodone + given opium poppies as a raw material, it's about 1000x easier for illegal suppliers to make heroin out of the poppies than it is for them to synthesize hydrocodone.

Anyways ... is there a point to this post that I'm missing perhaps?
No point intended. I was just doing some deep browsing thru this sobriety site on the home page side of things and came across this info. For those whom are looking for info and the why's of how come I'm addicted might have found some of this info useful.

I've been posting for 51 days now. This was the first time I strayed from the posting/message side of things and found this info. Thought it was informative and wanted others to see it encase they didn't go digging like I have.

Just FYI for any that's interested.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep...I was addicted to both hydrocodone and oxycodone at the same time. Swallowed 30 10mgs pills of either one or both every day. My brain was completely ruled by these pills... that and crack/cocaine.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm detoxing from hydrocodone as I type this. 30 hours into it. Uggggggghhhhhh I just want to be the guy I was a couple months ago. Happy joyous and free everyday is a day closer to fredom. Peace and love.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Det

Even though I dont have any experience with hydros im sure their just as addicting if not more than Oxycodones.

It controled my relationship with my family. My brain and body needed to use more and more but felt like a zombie. This drug is rediculously stupid.

But after long term use, its physically and mentally hard to quit. Im on day 3 and felt the worse this morning but am feeling better now!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Det View Post
Even though I dont have any experience with hydros im sure their just as addicting if not more than Oxycodones.

It controled my relationship with my family. My brain and body needed to use more and more but felt like a zombie. This drug is rediculously stupid.

But after long term use, its physically and mentally hard to quit. Im on day 3 and felt the worse this morning but am feeling better now!
You can do it! I remember how hard it was in the first 2 weeks, but it does get better I promise! And just think how lucky you and your family will be with the new and improved you! Keep coming back!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Iv had a hydroco habit for roughly a year straight about 2 to 3 10/325 10/500 's a day..iv been clean from them for 3 days now. wanting them and that desirded affect isnt killing me hardely at all. But im suffering from the worst aches and pains from my calves, legs everywhere up to my neck my body just feels like jello...
Is there annnything or any tips i can get from you guys to help me cope with this physical stress of pain?
Old 07-04-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When i was in treatment, i was given 800mg of ibuprofen and it helped some with the leg pain and other body aches. As far as stress, taking walks help me and also finding someone to talk to that is also in recovery.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My doctors say I'm one of the rare few that take hydro and have never felt the need to raise my dosage. I have been on it for 5 years and have rarely ever desired the need to take more than is perscribed on the bottle. Good Luck!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I might have to try that, anything to put me in a positive mood.
You said ibuprofen i might give that a shot my legs seem to be just giving me the most hell out of the whole experience. I have a question i have some naproxen and was wondering if that would be a good med for the dreaded pain in my body temporarily? Im not sure how to attack the aches and pains?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkinghospital View Post
I might have to try that, anything to put me in a positive mood.
You said ibuprofen i might give that a shot my legs seem to be just giving me the most hell out of the whole experience. I have a question i have some naproxen and was wondering if that would be a good med for the dreaded pain in my body temporarily? Im not sure how to attack the aches and pains?
During my Methadone taper/detox, the leg cramps were the worst for me. I took alieve @ night to help with them...also took real long walks and ran @ night with my dog.