Notices

Someone thought it was funny....

Old 11-18-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Someone thought it was funny....

Ok, so about a week and a half ago, I was asked to pick up my male best friend's GF at her work (strip club) because we were getting off at nearly the same time and I worked right down the street. He asked me to because he didn't have much gas left and hadn't gotten any work in a few days. Ok, no problem right?
Until I found out a nasty little secret in there. The girls like to play, what I consider, a HORRIBLE trick on one another. They like to spike each other's drinks with ritalin, oxys, and X. And probably other things too. THAT is just what my best friend's GF admitted to. Anyway, I get there, she is not done yet. Closing is at 2:30 and I was there around 2:10. She knows me, so she asks if I want pop or water and I ask for a coke. And I settle in front of a TV screen (yeah, when you've been around strippers for a few years, you do not care that they are naked, I've seen her naked more times than I can count, at her house, for free, LOL). I finished off the first glass and asked for another. I got up, went outside to smoke, came back in and drank it. A few minutes later (really have no clue, because I lost track of time), I am feeling bouncy, over the top, can't sit still, and can't shut up. We take off like this and I told her I did not understand why I was SO energetic and couldn't sit still. She mentions that one of the other girls asked how she liked her ritalin (and we pretty much put two and two together at that point). I WAS PIS SED THE F U C K OFF! Apparently, the other girl saw my best friend's girl get the coke and assumed it was hers (she is UNDER 21 after all). So she slipped in the ritalin when she thought she wasn't looking, which meant neither was I. I was outside smoking. I lost my cookies, called the club the next day and told them what happened, who I knew it to be and expected her to be fired or I'd be calling the cops. Well, bf's gf told me that the girl was fired. She didn't like that I did that, but understood how serious I am to being and staying clean and away from drugs.
My thing is, has anyone else ever had to deal with this type of thing? How did you handle it? What were your thoughts and actions concerning your clean time?
It took me a few days, but dam mit, I didn't knowingly take the medication and I really don't care what others think of me for it, but I still consider myself clean. I did struggle with it, because, technically, I took a medication not prescribed to me, but HAD I known it to be in my drink, I would not have touched the dam med thing.
It also took me a few days to calm down from being so angry over it. I hope that club keeps a better eye on other's drinks from now on. That's a horrible trick to play. You don't know who the hell you could hurt over it. I think it would just be a lot funnier if they snapped each other's g-strings or bras... Much safer AND the customers would enjoy that versus having their drinks spiked because the stupid witch didn't know whose drink they were spiking..I really, for one of the few times in my life, am at a loss for words. I told my best friend I would never go back inside that place again. And I won't. Plus, even though I have had the unfortunate experience of having my drink spiked before, apparently I needed to relearn my lesson of taking my drink with me everywhere I go, or to just get a NEW ONE when I come back from smoking or the bathroom.. Ugh!
Thanks for listening folks. I do feel better. I love SR. :ghug3
Old 11-18-2009, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Glad you are okay.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nerdly

CQ In my opinion when someone spikes your drink it should not affect your clean time at all as a matter of fact you should get extra time for doing the absolute right thing in notifying that establishment of what had occurred. Imagine if someone else with an allergy or whatever had drank it and got extremely sick or had died. Hopefully they learned that its not only illegal, but could be a fatal "trick" on some innocent person. That's some crazy shyte. :wtf2

Feels good to get that off your chest I bet. Good job on notifying that business I bet they appreciated it.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a nightmare.You could have been alergic.OMG I would be so angry. For what its worth I dont think you lose your clean time but you already knew that
Old 11-18-2009, 12:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMGosh. I never thought of someone being alergic. Goodness, yes, I am doubly glad I notified them now. In my experience, places like that turn a blind eye to drug abuse. In my active days, I frequently went to a different strip joint. Much more seedier than this place, and sold drugs to support my crack habit. Even scored crack there too. I remember, one time, going in the bathroom and it looked like someone had poured baby powder all over the counter, it was so loaded with cocaine. I did a few lines, got my baggie out, got my pipe out, and smoked crack with the girls too. The place my friend's gf works at was supposed to be more classier. It's a lot nicer looking. The girls look clean. The place is kept up and the bathroom is nice. No drugs anywhere.. Guess they keep them in their locker room and, apparently, like the higher class stuff. No crack for them. Just pills and cocaine. I was aware that any place, like that, could have drugs (and most likely does), but not aware that they do that kind of activity and for them to actually sneak it in to each other's drinks was maddening and sick. I really do not like that and my anger was beyond justified. I actually was surprised they fired that girl. Especially when a place like that once told me that -I- could not leave before closing time or my friend's gf would get fired. They told me that last month. They don't want their girls leaving early, and the bouncer is a real a-hole.
Anyway, if I ever have to pick her up again, I plan to wait in the vehicle. I'll bring my own coke or moutain dew and drink it there. That way I know no one will spike it and I can smoke my cigs. I just won't get to watch TV, but really, in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather be NOT high and have no TV. Tho they do play some darned good music. LOL. Not worth it! I know. LOL.
I am sure glad to be OK too. I'd rather just stick with my caffiene and nicotine habits. Much safer. Less scary. I just wish I did not have to had relearn that stupid lesson again. See what happens when we get complacent? Ya know??
Old 11-18-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Anyway, if I ever have to pick her up again, I plan to wait in the vehicle. I'll bring my own coke or moutain dew and drink it there. That way I know no one will spike it and I can smoke my cigs. I just won't get to watch TV, but really, in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather be NOT high and have no TV. Tho they do play some darned good music. LOL. Not worth it! I know. LOL
This sounds like a great plan CQ

D
Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

I learned early on not to ass-u-me what was in my drink was actually all it was.

In my first year sober, I stayed away from bars and clubs in any and all forms. Even if my theatre group was going out for snacks after a show, if there was a bar, I stayed away. After the first year, I relaxed a bit. I woudl go out with them and order diet coke or the like. I got a tad confident and began ordering "virgin" versions of cocktails. It was a mind-fu@k and I never should have done it. One time I ordered a virgin pina colada, stressing that I was allergic to alcohol and it needed to be left out. got the drink, took a nice sip and, yes, it was the real thing. I quickly downed a full glass of water, and left the restaurant soon after. I called my sponsor who reassured me all was okay.
The lesson learned was I never order so called alcohol-free cocktails or near beer or anything of the kind. In addition, I never sip from a drink that I have left unattended.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just stay out of strip joints, bars or any other place you know, that will trip you up.

Some one needs a ride, tell em to find thier own way home.

I'm dead serious, you go into places like that, you'll end up $hitting all over your sobriety.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am new here and my intention is only to look out for your sobriety.

The fact that you already were WELL aware of what goes on in those places and still made the "voluntary" decision to actually go in and hang out for a while in late hours is a red flag. By the same token, I hope never to go to a Ziggy Marley concert and take a bite off a browny that is offered to me. Even if it is offered to me by someone sitting at an MA booth claiming to be there spreading the message of sobriety. IMO, your addiction set you up for this.

You worked hard for your sobriety. Guard it with all your strenght.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

CQ, girl, you know I love ya, but I have to agree with a couple of the above posts. Nothing good can come from being in a strip club....period.
I do not believe that this should affect you clean time, as you didn't knowingly use, but, I'd not put your sobriety to a foolish test.
She's a stripper...her tips should be enough to call a cab, or give her boyfriend gas money to get her home.

Penny
Old 11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

While I certainly understand being upset about what happened to you there ... that was screwed up and wrong what this person did ... if it was me, personally ... I'd have tried to just enjoy the high, knowing that when it comes to my sobriety, really the most important piece is not really the physical taking of the drug, but rather the conscious decision to take the drug ... Particularly if we're talking about a drug other than opioids.

Obviously I'd have preferred NOT to have been given a drug against my will, but once it'd happened ... I'd have just kinda gone ... 'oh well ... here's a free high I don't have to give up my clean time to enjoy'.

But that's just me. I try to make the best out of a situation

Now, if I turned around and went back to the club, and hung around asking people to bring me a coke the NEXT day ... then I'd know I was in trouble ...
Old 11-19-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I (heart) strippers.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I just heard about some rehab guys that visited a strip club and were "dishonorably discharged" from treatment. Those sorts of places are off-limits to people in sober houses. I guess I understand why now, if this is common.

Wow, just be safe.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That's the dumbest trick I have ever heard of
Old 11-19-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bvaljalo View Post
While I certainly understand being upset about what happened to you there ... that was screwed up and wrong what this person did ... if it was me, personally ... I'd have tried to just enjoy the high, knowing that when it comes to my sobriety, really the most important piece is not really the physical taking of the drug, but rather the conscious decision to take the drug ... Particularly if we're talking about a drug other than opioids.

Obviously I'd have preferred NOT to have been given a drug against my will, but once it'd happened ... I'd have just kinda gone ... 'oh well ... here's a free high I don't have to give up my clean time to enjoy'.

But that's just me. I try to make the best out of a situation

Now, if I turned around and went back to the club, and hung around asking people to bring me a coke the NEXT day ... then I'd know I was in trouble ...
If I had said that I'm pretty sure it would have been deleted, but you're right, as far as I go, that's a very buddhist standpoint.

In my opinion, based on your posts which I have enjoyed tremendously incidentally, you don't seem to be the type of person that has to to maintain your sobriety. It just feels like you've been through enough **** to not be tempted by something just because it's there.

Some guy did this to my girlfriend's drink once. Needless to say drinking through a straw became his new hobby for the next few months.

Last edited by Vintersemestre; 11-19-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That was not particularly Buddhist of me but I would have felt justifiably emasculated had I not done him the favour of introducing him to the fine art of using a straw to eat his meals, maybe it allowed him the time and opportunity to reflect on being a jackass, perhaps giving him the insight to think twice before putting methamphetamine in a five-foot-tall/95lb defenseless woman's drink.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Someone gave me a date rape drug several years ago. I had been clean for a very long time when it happened. My son was very young this person I knew for a long time came over and hung out for a few minutes and left. My son and I walked to the corner store and I started feeling really woosy and strange at the store. The phone was ringing when we walked in the door I answered it and it was the guy that had been there earlier asking me if I wanted him to come over. I told him no and that I was very sick from something he even fessed up and told me he gave me something to make me goofy and willing...I was very angry and told him to never come back to my house again...
Old 11-19-2009, 05:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MDB79 View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way. I am new here and my intention is only to look out for your sobriety.

The fact that you already were WELL aware of what goes on in those places and still made the "voluntary" decision to actually go in and hang out for a while in late hours is a red flag. By the same token, I hope never to go to a Ziggy Marley concert and take a bite off a browny that is offered to me. Even if it is offered to me by someone sitting at an MA booth claiming to be there spreading the message of sobriety. IMO, your addiction set you up for this.

You worked hard for your sobriety. Guard it with all your strenght.
She was doing someone a favor, she went there to give someone a ride home, not hang out. I disagree with this. You can't run away from the real world, you have to embrace it, you can't shelter yourself and only go to certain places. When you order a coke, that is all that you should get....
Old 11-20-2009, 02:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SelfDestruct View Post
She was doing someone a favor, she went there to give someone a ride home, not hang out. I disagree with this. You can't run away from the real world, you have to embrace it, you can't shelter yourself and only go to certain places. When you order a coke, that is all that you should get....
I second that notion. Purposeful avoidance perpetuates fear and doesn't build self-confidence and makes you spend even more of your time worrying about it when you should be thinking/worrying about it as little as possible. Also when you order a coke, that is not only all you should get, but if given something else (either to me or someone else) with foul intention like in this scenario, I have and would again aggressively pursue and punish the perpetrator. Having your drink spiked is by no means AT ALL "something you should expect" ANYWHERE.

Also, after thoroughlly thrashing the simpering insect, make sure the savage goes to jail too. My good friend got 8 months no parole. Incidentally, nothing happened to me, the judge even congratulated me... weird for victims not to be punished too in this country. Sometimes people just pick the wrong jew to **** with lol.

Last edited by Vintersemestre; 11-20-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let keep focus please.
I removed one post - I'll shut the thread down if people can't stop using threads as blogs.

D