Notices

Coke abuse

Old 08-04-2018, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coke abuse

Ok so I have been snorting coke everyday for about 6 months. Usually about a gram a day, sometimes more sometimes less.. for about a week now I've been experiencing pain in the left side of my face, nose eye ear drum and even my throat. I also have been blowing bloody boogies and what looks to me to be cartilage. I've never experienced this before and kinda concerned.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

um

You should be very concerned.

Get to a hospital and be honest about your struggles.

There is a way out. You don't have to live like this.

Sending you a hug.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What do u think is happening tho? I mean obviously I'm aware I have a serious issue here but what do u think is medically wrong?
Old 08-04-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not a doctor. We can't begin to guess on the internet, but I'd guess NOT putting cocaine in your nose and body every day would be a good place to start...

Go see a medical professional before it gets worse.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anm13 View Post
..but what do u think is medically wrong?
medically wrong is the effects of snorting coke.
get to a doctor and get help stopping,too. there IS a solution.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Obviously if I could just stop snorting coke I wouldn't be asking for advice on here... I know I have an issue and need help, that's not my question tho.. has anyone ever experienced these physical symptoms and if so what was wrong (physically, other than addiction)
Old 08-04-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Here: read this from another coke user who's nose collapsed:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ing-sober.html (How can it be recovery if it's not being sober?)

Here are all her threads...

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...archid=8323623
Old 08-04-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What do u think is happening tho? I mean obviously I'm aware I have a serious issue here but what do u think is medically wrong?
Snorting cocaine can lead to damage of the nasal membranes, cartilage, septum etc. This is due to the coke itself and anything that it might be cut with.

I'd recommend seeking medical advice as soon as you can and get things checked out.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ok so I have been snorting coke everyday for about 6 months. Usually about a gram a day, sometimes more sometimes less.. for about a week now I've been experiencing pain in the left side of my face, nose eye ear drum and even my throat. I also have been blowing bloody boogies and what looks to me to be cartilage. I've never experienced this before and kinda concerned.
You can’t get addicted to a substance or behavior, if you don’t learn it does something for you. If you want to change something in your life or break a bad habit, then figure out what caused you do the thing you want to change.
I blew coke up my nose for 4 decades. I would bleed on the weekends and heal during the week. Addictions are behaviors used to reverse feelings of helplessness, feeling trapped. Eventually, I learned to empower myself and escape the trap with healthy behaviors. It's all about regaining control of circumstances that you find emotionally overwhelming.
People change when they hurt enough and have to and learn enough and want to. When your values and purpose in life trump your corrupt behavior, that behavior will no longer exist. The greatest challenge and thrill in life is exploring your emotional IQ. That is, understanding your emotions and how to make them work for you and not against you.

Anthony Hopkins was recently quoted as saying what changed his life were seven word asked of him: “Why don’t you just trust in God?”

Try it.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

the COKE is burning away the lining of your sinuses. THAT is what is wrong. and the only way to stop it is to get medical help and never use again.