Notices

How was everyone’s weekend?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Did anyone relapse, come close to a relapse or have something you would like to share or get off your chest?

Speak now or forever hold your guilt.

For those who don’t know. Not only did I have a drug problem, alcohol was my demon too.

Here is something that PI$$ me off over the weekend. My next door neighbor the alkie likes to drink out on his deck on weekends. His deck is about five feet from my kitchen widow. Yesterday morning I sit down to have my breakfast, I look out of my window and surprise. I see fifteen in a row empty beer cans on the railing of his deck looking right at me. Now I really don’t care what the man dose with his life but have a little consideration for your neighbors and the people around you. That’s what garbage can are for.

I spoke to him respectfully once before about leaving his beer cans out like that. This wasn’t the first time. But he is a stubborn old goat. Once he gets to drinking he’s in la la land.

Oh well, This to shall pass.

Ivan
Old 07-06-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was in Virginia from Thursday-Sunday. First few days were great, very fun and exciting. We went to the arcades, and the water park. Then the last day there was boring. My cousins woke up real late, and we never made it to the beach to chill and swim, which is all i wanted to do that day. That same day i woke up with a craving to get high, but I was in a unknown town, so I had no idea where I would get drugs. For about an hour i started to scheme up some stuff, and decided i'd just go to the drug store and get some DXM, then i changed my mind and decided I didn't want the DXM high. THEN i decided I'll just have a few drinks that day. But quickly got that thought out of my mind after I talked to a friend back home in NYC.

But I experienced something similar to u. I already mentioned I have the urge to drink, and instead of going gto the beach, we went to my aunt's house where almost EVERYONE was drinking, even 13 and 17 year olds. I was pissed off, we spent like 4 hours there, watching ohter people get drunk or tipsy and having fun with their kareoke machine. We finally made it to the beach at night, but by that time we couldn't swim and i was sort of pissed off at my family, so i slept the whole time. Just an annoying, boring, craving filled day that last day there. i would have liked to went home that night instead of the next morning.

Oh yeah, my cousin told me to try some of her pineapple/orange drink. I took a sip, and that **** had alcohol in it. she claimed she didn't know, even though it was all gone by time she handed me the cup. I believe her though, because it didn't have a smell, but it def. had an odd taste. there had to be something in it. She doesn't drink, so she wouldn't know.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
crazy vampire addict

I'd get a BB gun and use the cans for target practice.

Had trouble getting through this weekend. Didn't relapse, but I wanted to...in a big way. It was frustrating watching everyone partying...although, I have to admit, sometimes being the only sober person is amusing. You can watch all the moronic stuff that everyone else is doing and have a good laugh.

My husband was very supportive and didn't drink or smoke around me...so that was nice.

Wish the cravings would go away. They are especially hard on the weekends and holidays.

This too shall pass, I imagine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cleansing - It's good to see you back again. Glad you were able to tough out your time with your family. You made good choices. Good for you!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cherybaby66 View Post
Had trouble getting through this weekend. Didn't relapse, but I wanted to...in a big way. It was frustrating watching everyone partying...although, I have to admit, sometimes being the only sober person is amusing. You can watch all the moronic stuff that everyone else is doing and have a good laugh.
I don't get that. Maybe i'm different, but when I see people acting stupid because they're high or drunk, i wanna join them even more. I don't find anything amusing while sober. That's just me, Im very unhappy with sobriety.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
crazy vampire addict

I know you are, Cleansing. And, if you read my post right above yours...I know you made some hard choices this past week...but they were good choices. You and I are so early on in our sobriety...you have to cut yourself some slack. It was hard on me too...I was just trying to find the positive of a negative situation. I found that it helps me.

I'm glad your back.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

never a big drinker so this weekend wasnt really a struggle for me. glad you made it through the weekend though ivan!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had a great weekend spent some of it with my girls the rest with friends. I did have one intresting thing a old friend came in and brought her new boyfriend he runs a rum distylery. He brought all kinds of liqour he made so the party was a hit with some.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

I spent a great Thursday, Friday and Saturday staying with my partner's brother and sister-in-law in a tremendous ocean view condo on the beach in NJ. I literally frolicked in the surf..and da Bear ain't frolicked in much of anything lately. Evenings on the promenade arcade with our 3 going on 30-yr. old nephew. It was idyllic.

And I'm trying very hard to draw on it today as I resume my up-to-now futile job search...

Last edited by Stagebear; 07-06-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Optimist

My husband got out of detox on Saturday morning, and we spent a nice, mellow, family weekend - corndogs, pony rides, fireworks, ice cream cones...it was really wonderful. I know the road from here will be hard for him, but it was so indescribably nice to have such a good weekend together with my husband and children doing "normal" family things together