Notices

Hi!!! I am new to this board

Old 08-25-2003, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hi!!! I am new to this board

hi, i'm a 34 yr old mother of 4. I am attempting my 6th try at quitting pain pills. My habit was about 10 percs. a day, but being very tiny framed, it has turned into quite a habit. I usually went cold turkey in the past, but am trying to wean this time around. I was fine at 5 pills then when i dropped to 4, i felt like a mack-truck ran over my body. I swear, w/d are the only dam thing in the world that scare the crap outta me. I am hoping to get it right this time. Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!! I am not new to this, so i know about immodium and all the otc remedies. i was more or less wondering if i was weaning too fast, or if you feel like crap the whole time weaning....i don't know. i am hanging in there by a thread....thanks for listening
Old 08-25-2003, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to Sober Recovery

You'll find some great encouragement and support here.Have you looked into NA meetings in your area? The contact with others in recovery can make a real difference.

I can't say whether you are weaning too fast,or anything like that.But you should be sure to have an honest discussion with your doctor ASAP.Taking good care of yourself has to be a priority.I tried quitting cold turkey all alone.I succeeded,but it was an absolute nightmare.I wound up 30 pounds underweight,malnourished and very sick.Not a good way to go.

Keep reading and posting.Be sure to check out the NA forum.There is some great stuff in there.

phoenix