Notices

staying clean but lonely

Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

staying clean but lonely

i'm doing ok with suppressing the urge to use but miss the woman i got high with. thought it was love but it was druglust.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the board Bill.

How about you share more of your story with us, so we can get to know you?

Are you attending meetings of recovering addicts of any kind at the moment? If not, allow me to heartily recommend doing so. They can really help with the loneliness factor
Old 05-05-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

druglust

i was newly divorced and any sign of flirtation or attention was amplified because i was so lonely. i was a user(coke) but stayed within my means. when i met michelle we started partying and having unbelievable sex.she is an alcoholic, gambling addict, smoker cokehead. she only treated me nice when we were drugging and sexing. my friends and family WARNED me strongly to stay away from her but of course that made me chase her more. we ended up in a very volatile relationship living together and spending all our money and time drugging. i ended up running to ohio to be with my straight girl but would go back to ny every 2 weeks. i was out of control. i'm back with ms. ohio but ny girl told her all about my double life. so on with recovery.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sex, alcohol, music all went hand and
hand with each other. I always had
to put three together to have a good
time.

For me as a women, emotions were
always a part of the equation. I can
reflect back right at this moment and
even tho i havent had a drink in 18 yrs,
can recall how i felt each time i drank,
had sex and listened to music.

The bars, the people, the men, the
romance, the sex, the excitement,
the thrill, the dare, the secrecy, the
anger, resentments, more alcohol,
and more and more and more and
enough was enough.

A constant merry go round of emotions
and alcohol.

Today, i can still enjoy 2 of those with
out alcohol and with one man.

That's where the honesty and trust
comes in to play.

No shame, no guilt that at one time
would have eventually lead me to drink.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Bill. It's hard to write that. No offense, and I do apologize. My ex's name is Bill. He introduced me to crack cocaine and we did the partying, drugging, sex thing.. A LOT. I stole for him, lied for him, covered up his using for him, and did a LOT of chasing the crack for him (and myself). I did anything he wanted me to. All the while he was chasing hookers, heroin, and meth on the side. I still have resentments over it. Nothing against anyone else named Bill, though. I am glad you are here.
I am in Ohio too. Dayton area. So hello to a fellow Ohioan.
It is hard when we first leave a volatile relationship. We know what to expect from that person. We know how it goes, and have few, if any surprises. And sometimes, we feel bad because we know the relationship was unhealthy. Not where we need to be, but yet we want to be. Much like addiction.
Feel free to send me a PM anytime Bill. I am on SR, a lot. I'd be happy to at least share stories, laughs, tears, stories, whatever, online. If we were closer, we'd have some wings and a pop. My favorite place is Frickers. Nothing is better than wings, pop, and poking fun at the drunks. hahaha.
Hang in there. Don't use, no matter what. Take some time for yourself. Do you have friends you could hang out with? Maybe find a hobby. Ohio has lots of race tracks. Go see an NASCAR, SCCA, or NHRA race. My hobby, before crack, was drag racing. I'd go to Kil-Kare every weekend, like clock work. LOL.
If you're not into cars and racing, Ohio also has lots of lovely parks. Nothing says peace and serenity more than seeing wildlife and feeling the sun on your face.