Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Tried meth, semi binged, fighting to recover, when does it end?

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I completely regret having ever tried this drug and am stopping immediately. Unfortunately since I first used recently, I've used it daily and hardly slept. I've drank a lot of water during this time and also taken some multivitamins each day.

last Tuesday, first time trying it, i snorted it about 9 and then a little more later, no sleep.

Wednesday- went to work, never ate, smoked some and snorted some, ate a couple protein bars and some orange juice, slept 2 hours

Thursday - went to an appointment then slept 4 hours or so during the day, used again in the evening snort / smoke. got about 3 hours of sleep after taking some xanax. Decided I wanted to stop using after 1 more day, shoulda stopped right then.

Friday - went to work, came home, drank a protein shake, snorted / smoked several times up until 3am, no sleep.

saturday, cannot sleep still, chest feels tight and i cannot get comfortable trying to sleep, also experiencing the loss of interest in most normal enjoyable activities. drank protein shake. thougth i was gonna have a heart attack, went to ER around 8pm, they said i wasn't that i just stressed my body and its sore and gave me .5mg x20 xanax prescription to help me come down, slept about 7 hours

Sunday - more feeling like crap and unable to eat all day, filled prscription for xanax, slept from about 4pm til 7am.

Monday - still feel anxious / out of it, at a chicken salad sandwich and drank some naked juices, ate some chicken in the afternoon and slept from around 7 til 4am and coudlnt get back to sleep easy took more xanaxc, slept til alittle after 7.

Tuesday - Today, forced myself to work but i feel funky, i feel anxious still and like i have to move around or something, can't sit still and feel weird, i ate some lunch.

Any estimates on when i can plan to feel "normal" again?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It ends when you put the shovel down and stop digging.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Take it from a recovering meth addict, you'd better find yourself a program or recovery or you'll go down faster than you ever dreamed possible.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Remember every cr@ppy feeling especially the E.R. trip.Be very carefull with the xanax I wasnt a speedy but I'm sure you will get some good feedback as people check in.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Any indication on the comedown ending?

I have no cravings for the drug, if anything i despise it with all my heart, i just want to be myself again, i only tried it last tuesday, did too much, hate it, stopped it, and am waiting to be myself.

i have ZERO cravings, ZERO, in fact this has made me rethink my alcohol / marijuana use as I'm starting to think just being sober and normal is such a valuable asset when i feel like this.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can't define an end to the comedown for you. Each person is different.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its been abt 8 wks since my last time using crack. My brain is still messed up. I mean, I have trouble feeling sincerly happy, and sticking with it. I get an idea, am extremely motivated, the a switch goes off and I don't want to do what I thought was a great idea minutes before. I mean, even like asking or telling someone something... I can't focus, I'm just really flighty in the brain... and I'm a girl who graduated with honors, and was on the dean's list. I'm scared to death the my head will NEVER return to normal. AND that was only with 2 months of using. A simple two months has done more damage than I would've ever imagined. I feel like crying sometimes because I can't find a purpose. I'm anxious, I'm happy, I'm sad, I'm frustrated, angry, motivated, and freaking lazy all wrapped into one.

I just pray.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Be careful

I would be so carfull mixing xanex with anything. Doctors will give you that stuff in a heartbeat but mixing benzos with other drugs or especially alchohol is very dangerous. From what I know I've detoxed off alot of different drugs but the combination of any benzo can kill you while you detox.

I think their right because the last time I detoxed in Feb I couldn't even barely stand. If I could have changed it I would have stayed on oxy's because for me that was easyer to come off of.

Please be carefull.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

But I'm not trying to give you other ideas

Don't try oxy's either its tuff to get of those to. Addiction is the worst place to be almost always.