Notices

Does this mean that i am weak?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does this mean that i am weak?

It's obvious that i cannot stop on my own and need help,but i cannot afford to take the time to go to rehab.I go to a few meetings a week a listen to a lot of good stories from other people and some of them really touch me deeply and are similar to mine but i keep taking these drugs everyday.How do i get a sponsor and will they help me even though i am still using so i can cut down and stop? Am i supposed to go to them or do they come up to me seems how i am the newer guy at the meetings.It is hard for me to share my troubles with someone that i don't know face to face.Any help will be appreciated.I would love to come on here and also tell my wife that today i am clean,but i don't know how far that day will be.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
5 STaR GeNeRaL

Talking

Originally Posted by dragonheart View Post
It's obvious that i cannot stop on my own and need help

YOU JUST SAID IT
THATS THE FIRST STEP!

NOW FOLLOW THROUGH

WELCOME TO THE SITE
KEEP COMING

KEEP GOING TO YOUR MEETINGS
IF NOT FIND ONE YOU LIKE AND FIT IN!
IT MAY TAKE SOME HUNTING
BUT YOU WILL FIND ONE!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

It's obvious that i cannot stop on my own and need help,but i cannot afford to take the time to go to rehab.
How serious is your addiction? Is it threatening your happiness, your life? If you had cancer,would you say the same thing. "Sorry, don't have the time for surgery..."

I go to a few meetings a week a listen to a lot of good stories from other people and some of them really touch me deeply and are similar to mine
Good start.

How do i get a sponsor and will they help me even though i am still using so i can cut down and stop?
First, raise your hand, identify yourself by name and say you need a sponsor. You needn't go too far into your life story, just say you need a sponsor. If someone there is qualified, they'll likely step up. If not, do it again at the next meeting. Also, listen to others sharing. You may find someone that seems to have what you want. Step up and ask him.

As to whether or not they'll sponsor you if you're still using, that's a tough one. Some may not.

Basically, brother, you need detox. That's usually no more than 5-7 days. It's an investment in the rest of your life. Whatever it is you're concerned about missing (job, family) can all be lost if you keep on using.

Once you're clean, you may have a better outlook and you are much more likely to be sponsored. But, you gotta want it. Getting clean has to be your priority...if not everything else you prize now can be gone. Trust me...I know.

Hoping you see what has to happen, I remain your humble servant,
Old 04-21-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Keep going to meetings.

Maybe arrive early and leave late, talk to people.

Things will start happening.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I didn't have time for rehab. I did have time to continue killing myself with poison.