Notices

Anyone Quit Smoking?

Old 03-19-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I got sick with the flu once and couldnt smoke more than one or two a day for a week.
So I said "screw it, I'll never have a better chance than now" and quit.

It's like jumping into a cold lake but once you do it aint so bad. Everyday you stop smoking you'll be that much further away from the day you quit
Old 03-19-2009, 11:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

chewed a few cigarettes and Licked the ashtray
I actually used the thought of licking an ashtray to curb cravings.

It worked.

Mostly I would call or text other recovering addicts "I want to smoke" to tell on my addiction. This disease dies in the light of exposure. The sooner I tell, the sooner it goes away.

Peace,
Missy
Old 03-20-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Missybuns
Wow, I'm impressed that you were able to apply the same methods to quit cigarettes, as you did with drugs and alcohol!
Congratulations on quitting both!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Some French tart....

The only times that I was able to stop smoking was during my pregnancies. The guilt trip was there, but by far worse was the nausea. I felt so sick throuhout the whole nine months.
I saved the money and then went out to treat myself to a new wardrobe for when after I had had the baby. You could make a long list or "for" and "against". Smelling of smoke is a real motivator as I love wearing perfume.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
To infinity.....AND BEYOND!

I quit at the same time I quit pills and never picked up again. Wellbutrin XL helped I believe with cigarette cravings. I was on 150mg most of the time. I tried chantix but it literally made my stomach hurt.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

yeah since i just quit drugs I need to go ahead and do this. Its so hard to quit smoking. By far the biggest mistake of my life.
Scott your avatar is so freaking cute.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Nalla ~ If I am not mistaken you are pregnant right? All you have to do is imagine your brand new baby with a cigarette in it's mouth, puffing away at the nicotine, smoke filling it's barely developed lungs. I think that should give you a bad enough image to help you quit. That is what helped me quit when I had my first child.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Its amazing because prior to having kids I always was disgusted by women who smoked during pregnancy. Its selfish. I still feel that way but once youre in the situation its not so easy.
I have cut my ciggarette intake in half. With my last 2 pregnancies, it took me about 2 months to quit but I did do it.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Nalla ~ If I am not mistaken you are pregnant right? All you have to do is imagine your brand new baby with a cigarette in it's mouth, puffing away at the nicotine, smoke filling it's barely developed lungs. I think that should give you a bad enough image to help you quit. That is what helped me quit when I had my first child.

OOOOOOOO FFAAAAAAAAA that is an image that should help