Notices

choices choices choices

Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My drugs of choice were IV meth and EXAH, who coincidentally is now 6' under, dead of complications from AIDS contracted from sharing needles with someone else while I was in rehab.

I had to walk away from that man, lock stock and barrel to save my own life.

I missed contracting HIV from him by two weeks. Had I gone back home right after getting out of rehab, well, I wouldn't be posting here today. I'd be pushing up daisies.

No one, I repeat, NO ONE is worth dying over, in my books.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

canu
Sometimes you have to love someone from a distance. You can't make him get help, HE'S got to want it for himself. If he wants you and loves you, he'll respect your decision to stay away. Don't put your recovery to a foolish test by going around someone you've used with and that still uses,
Old 03-18-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Friend

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i know you love this guy, and have a long history together, but somewhere along the way you two became a toxic compound, poisonous and deadly. he can't stay off the dope and you can't stay away from him. time and again his addiction envelopes you and pulls you down. and girl, you know exactly how bad it gets...the disease is progressive.....every time you go back to using, IT GETS WORSE. and one of the times, you might not make it out.

IF you can maintain your perspective and keep YOUR recovery smack dab in front of your nose and still have contact with him, then good for you. however please give a lot of thought to how close you came a couple days ago when thoughts of using danced in your head....and that you made a bee line for Lee. it's just playing with fire....

YOU being clean is all that matters here. i don't think anybody is saying anything you don't know to be true....maybe you just don't wanna HEAR it. there are three key elements to recovery:

Honesty
Openmindedness
Willingness

that's HOW of staying clean successfully. being willing to do WHATEVER it takes.
AMEN! I am a big believer in true love....I just think 2 addicts who are craving, having a hard time, who have used together in the past...can be very dangerous together in recovery....no matter how much love there is....but If you can both get sober, as individuals, and each work a plan of recovery.....who says a happy ending can't be in your future??? I think it can! You just have to look out for yourself #1 first and foremost, until you both reach that point....
Old 03-18-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Guys, I do see where you are coming from. All I can say is I'm fine, my head is clear. I'm tired of his cr@p. I know he's an addict an I know he has to find his own way, I'm not helping him in any way at the moment. I don't feel like it, I'm pretty numb to it all right now. I've got to much other stuff on my plate right now.

All I can say for sure is I'm in a totally different frame of mind today. He is not my weakness. I don't think any of you realize that even if I wanted to get high, he's filthy. His room smells horrible, he looks like the walking dead. And most of all HE has shown ZERO respect for me, and that my friend is a deal breaker.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((Lynn)))

I'm glad that you realize you deserve respect...and a whole lot more, sweetie. I'm not putting down Lee...it's just that we forget that sometimes. Not just with our loved ones, but with people, in general.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy