Notices

Intro...and recovery question

Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Intro...and recovery question

Hello everyone. No time like the present to try (again) to get clean. I am a long-time meth addict... (cringe... I hate the sound of that). For the first time, I can honestly say I want to quit, and am in a good mindset to do it. I know how hard it is... I have tried before... but I am hoping I will have better success this time. Something is just different about this time so I want to go for it.

My question is this... I know there is no magic meds to make it easier, but has anyone heard of the Crystal Clear System to help you replenish your body's vitamins, amino acids, etc.? I would like to try it, but I cannot find where anyone else has.

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Sorry, no personal experience, but welcome to SR. I hope you make it this time.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

I have not heard of it, but I have been clean off crystal meth since Feb. 4, 1991. I was hooked almost 5 years. I went to detox and no joke, I started to feel a lot better after just 2 weeks! I was eating very healthy as well! blessings, Sheila
Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Sheila. How did you detox? Did it take a year to feel "normal" again? (whatever that is).
Old 01-04-2009, 10:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My last year and a half of oxy addiction, I was also strung out on speed, doing about a half a g nasally (occasionally smoking, but not too often) a day by the end there ... and this was generally pretty good stuff, good enough that I'd be up for days at a time off of this dosage. When I decided I wanted to get clean, and I switched over to subutex to handle my opioid cravings, I slowed down and stopped doing speed over the course of the first two weeks or so. I had some mild cravings for the drug over the next couple months, but absolutely no effects that I'd call 'withdrawals' occurred to me at any time.

All in all, quitting speed for me was a piece of cake once I decided I was done with that sh*t and separated myself physically from the easy access I'd once had by moving out of the 'crank central' neighborhood I'd been living in ... I really think the addiction to speed is almost entirely psychological, as the physical effects of withdrawal are literally nothing compared to coming off of something like opioids or benzos.

I'm not saying it's not a hard drug to quit, it's just not really that 'rough' as far as feeling like total sh*t goes when you quit it. At least, not in my experience
Old 01-05-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for your input. I think my biggest problem with quitting is the fact that I smoke it. I don't even "crave" being high as much as I do the act of smoking it. Weird I'm sure. But I have used for just short of ten years. I had short periods of time when I would be clean, but pretty much used the entire time. I don't want to be that person, living that life anymore. Honestly I am scared to death not to quit, but at the same time I'm scared to quit. Sad I know, but it's the only life I have known since I was 20 years old. It is embarrassing, but it's the truth. Sitting here putting it into words is just...

The biggest problem I have had trying to get clean is maintaining "normal" life. Going through the motions at work, home, etc. I have been a "functioning" addict, and I'm afraid if I wasn't I would be a total loss. But getting past the fatigue, the fog, the puffy weird looking face, the sweating... I'm sure it isn't anything compared to other withdrawls, but I need to get through it without any major hang-ups. I ordered the Crystal Clear product, and if nothing else I'm hoping I can convince myself it works
Old 10-20-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
HoPe

Hi determined09,

I know i am very late here. But i just want to know how's life?

From the posts here, i understand that u were quiting meth? I am currentk an addict of the same substance as well and i have been reading alot of online articles about meth and it scares me. So weird, i'm afraid of it yet i am taking it at the same time.

How are things with you now? Would be glad to hear from you again.

Alda
Old 10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Alda
Welcome to SR

Determined09 hasn't posted again since that post...but I know there's many others here who'll share their experience with you.

Hope to see you posting again
D
Old 10-20-2009, 11:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was a meth addict when I finally arrested my drug addiction. I smoked it too. It was my drug of choice...but I did other drugs too. I was a smoker...I smoked just about anything (plus cigs) and everything. Smoking was my ritual method. However, I found it it doesn't matter what or how much I used...or how I used it....it was what I wanted to do about my problem.

Meth is one of the easiest to recover from physically. Drink water, eat well, take a multi-vitamin supplement, sleep, and exercise. Exercising will speed along the process!

Do you plan to attend any support meetings? Do you have a plan for your recovery outside of detox?

It takes only a couple of weeks for it to get out of your system. It's the brain chemistry balancing as it heals itself that will occur over the next few months.
This is where recovery support meetings with other recovering addicts helps. They have experience understanding of the psychological and emotional changes and fears you may face. People have been recovering with success, just locate them near you and follow in their foot steps.

Welcome to SR!!

Peace,
Missy

P.S. about a year into my recovery from drugs and alcohol, I had learned enough about how addiction affects me personally and was able to stop smoking cigs! I haven't smoked anything in over 3 years. We can recover from the "smoking" thing.

oh dang...Im about 10 months late! oh well...it is what it is.
Determined09 are you there?

Last edited by Missybuns; 10-20-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero