Notices

New Person--New Story

Old 11-25-2008, 03:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome. I'm glad you are here.

Pain management doctors can really help. Talk to him. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first person to want to manage your pain with non narcotic medication. Turning down the narcotic medication may be difficult for awhile but remembering the w/d's will help you get through. I kept a journal and continued to keep one through my first year of sobriety. Anytime I am tempted I go back and read.

I'm a chronic painer too and it is a struggle but the payoff is big!
Old 11-25-2008, 05:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words of support. I am on Day 2 now and the feet absolutely ache and I can't keep them still. I still don't know if is is WD pain or pain from the numerous surgeries. I have to go to the dentist this morning (my least favorite place on this planet) and I already informed them not to offer me any pain meds. Immodium has been useful and some of the fogginess has dissappated. Things in the world seem much crisper today and I feel like I am a part of my surroundings for a change. Not sure if that makes sense, but I don't feel as removed from my environment like I have for the past few years.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

My feet always ache after about a day - that's when I know I am at the peak of my achiness, loll! Feels like I have sprained my ankles as well.

Everything will be quite bright for a while. It's lovely! My main w/d's were over autumn and the leaves just looked spectacular.

And you will re-connect with everything, the world, people and .... your feelings (good and bad)
Old 11-25-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just wanted to congratulate you Hockeydad! It sounds like you are taking it as it comes and you are dealing with it. It is apparent that you are a wonderful father and your son is so lucky to have you in his life! Keep the hard work, it only gets better with time!! In a day or two, the worst of the w/d will be gone and then you can decipher if the pain in your feet is from the w/d or not, and you can deal with that as it comes also. Also, great job on the dentist! I know I made a lot of mistakes with that, I didn't want to say anything and miss out on getting a script, but I only hurt myself in the long run and prolonged my recovery so be proud of your accomplishments in the last few days!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

part of the reason for the pain is since you have been using opiates your body has lost some of its ability to deal with pain on its own.( it comes back with time) I have had some success using Aleve(naproxin). I would imagine you are pretty sick right now, but hang in there the nervous legs should subside in another day or two.