Notices

Acceptance Is The Answer...

Old 10-28-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Acceptance Is The Answer...

Never in my wildest moments had it occured to me that I might be an alcoholic. Growing up I had so many problems with my family being addicted and so forth, I thought I was the only "normal one" in the household.. I always felt like the outcast. Like the black sheep of the family. I use to think the way I was raised or lack of being raised, that I had the right to drink, everyone else in my home did. I didn't think that I had much of a problem. Although my "friends" would tell me, "you drink too much," I didn't want to hear it. I just thought I was more of a party girl than they were, or that I just had a higher tolerance than they did.. Wrong.. It wasn't until I landed my butt in jail that I finally had come to the realization that I had a problem. I couldn't blame the cop who arrested me, well, I could, it wouldn't change the fact that I was behind bars. I suddenly felt like a lost little puppy sitting in a field waiting for someone to come and claim me. That was the beginning of my journey to admitting my addiction and accepting the reality of it all. 10
Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
That's a big step...the acceptance. Admitting it is never easy, but it offers a little freedom in knowing that.

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over (alcohol, drugs, etc) and that our lives had become unmanageable.

Do you attend meetings?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

02Oh yes, have been since July of 2005. I went out 1 night before my 8months in the first time around. Came back in the next day. My new Sobriety date is February 25,2006. I was clean exactly 24 hrs before coming back into the meeting. I have a sponsor and I actively worked ALL the steps and am going through them again because I've just got a new sponsor. I love the program. It saved my life. I just wanted to post on Acceptance for any new comers that may be out there. Acceptance really is the key.. Once you come to accept that you have a problem, you can begin to work on it.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not every day is a bed of roses, however TODAY, I'm NOT LIVING UNDER THE ROSES!!! I can accept many of things today, with the help of my H.P.(I choose to call God). I know that I'm NEVER alone although sometimes I can feel that way. I have to accept the fact that not everything happens in "my time," it's usually in His time. Being an addict I have to kick that "Burger King Mentality" to the road.. I can't always have it my way!! Boy wouldn't that be nice?... Have to accept.. That's a big key to getting healthier.. Love to all. Hope to get more responses on this topic. I thought it was a great one... Peace..:praying12