Notices

Will People Ever Learn??

Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Will People Ever Learn??

An old friend of mine called me at 7:45am yesterday, and asked if I had a Suboxone to spare.I asked why, of course.This friend supposedly quit doing pills a while back.I asked who it was for, she was honest, but I kept asking why?? I told her that I thought she quit, etc.etc. I did not give her anything.I was kinda mad and disgusted, and I really hate when addicts use Suboxone to make it through a dry patch.The situation definately made me think twice about if she is trustworthy.
I just don't want to associate with people like that no more.I have been on Sub for almost a year, and have been clean otherwise.It really bothers me to think someone I know would think I would stoop to that level.Oh well.Atleast I did not give in to her whining!!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, good for you. I used to give in to my friends who said they needed it to get off pills. I don't know why. I guess I hoped it would help them, and I always had more than I needed, because my doc makes sure I stay ahead. I would probably still give in except I cut all those ties to people who still have active addiction. I always feel sorry for people when they're dope-sick. I remember it all too well. You're right about saying no though. It's just enabling to say yes, isn't it?
KJ
Old 08-02-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have empathy, but this is someone who use to make fun of me when I was hurting because she always had more access to pills than I.I remember quite vividly how she would call me out amongst our peers, and even her nephew.So, when she told me she quit long ago, and then called me like that, I had no reason to help her.Had it been someone who treated me with respect, I may have given in.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I found I was better off not even talking to feral people. They carry diseases.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Windy, what is a feral person? catlike? predatory? I've never heard of it, except when you sometimes say it.
KJ
Old 08-02-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Feral people = active junkies. Like feral(wild) cats they will give you diseases and bite you. They lure you back into the wild.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Hairgirl,

I am proud of you saying no! Funny how once we get clean the role reversals that take place. Isn't it nice to not need to suck up to anyone or be humilated anymore cuz they have something you want! Your desperation is gone forever! You are free and unfortuanately she is not. You will never have to beg again as long as you stay in recovery. That is the freedom of this program.

Continue to stick with the winners!

Sheila
Old 08-02-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, if it was me, and it was an actual friend who was either on subs and ran out early, or at least seemingly honestly expressing a desire to get on subs in order to recover (like, they had a doctor lined up but couldn't get in yet, something like that), I'd have shared for sure.

But someone who just wanted a 'tide-over' and had been a jerk to me in the past like this person apparently was to you? F'em.