Notices

how should i handle

Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lesa

how should i handle

How should I handle when my bf want hits the streets.....and do drurgs...choice for him is crack ...I fight with him then he gets to turn things around to me and hits mean ...how should I handle it where it helps him and I do not loose it, when says iam going out....
Old 05-19-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Lesa)))

Unfortunately, whatever you say, it will not change the outcome. I'm a recovering crack addict, and until I was ready to stop and work on recovery, nothing anyone said or did would keep me from using.

You may want to check out the friends/family of substance abusers forum, too. You are very welcome on this forum, but there are many spouses and parents of addicts on that forum, who have been or are going through similar situations.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lesa, you can't help him until he wants help. So in turn, you help the most by setting rules and sticking to them. Crack is very addictive, he has to want to stop for him self, and even then it's a BIG battle.

You said he hits mean, did you mean he gets mean or that he hits you?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lesa

For once not going to sit here feeling sorry for myself...going to go get me something to eat out and go to video store for a movie ,take a nice bath ..hide my purse..lol
Old 05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

lesa,

Good for you! Go and do things for yourself! coming from someone who spent alot of time trying to "help" a crack addict- you can't help him. He has to want to help himself! And yes, hide your purse, keys and anything else valuable.